Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

time to waste more money on the jeep....

Old 08-15-2014, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to waste more money on the jeep....

anyone have suggestions on some sweet knobs for my auto and transfer case shifters?

also, who makes the best armored grill inserts to cover the 7 holes that expose the radiator, prefer not having to drill a bunch of holes as I do not have a working power drill handy.

I was puruesing quadratec and saw LiteGrip LGJK07-2 - LiteGrip Transmission & Transfer Case Knobs for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec (shift knob set, in red, which I am digging on the red accents I have so far put in my interrior) and Quadratec Exclusive 42-0215 - EZ Install Billet Grill Inserts for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec insert kit, no drill, appears to be a quality insert. are there other contenders out there? any way to get something like these for less money? (total in shopping cart is $300, ouch)

thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2014, 01:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Don't have any specific info on these, but just food for thought: I've seen knobs that were rocks--honest-to-goodness rock--drilled and fitted for use as Jeep transmission and transfer case knobs. I've also seen a knob that is a machined cylinder with a couple large O-rings that look decorative. However, that knob can be pulled off and shoved into the front axle shaft opening after an axle is pulled to plug it while you drive back to civilization. Like I wrote, just food for thought that might pique your interest.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:37 AM
JK Freak

if I am honest about it, I would love a shiney black skull with lit up red eyes but anything cooler then the stock ones will do.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 PM
JK Freak

ok so thankfully I managed to find something that makes me happy and was cheaper! for the shift knobs I found an awesome set for $70 bucks total from Drake Off road, Auto knob and transfer case, they also have the manual knob if you like the look, it has the speeds engraved rather then being solid black like the auto, or you could get the manual and put it on an auto to freak out the squares......

pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	auto knob.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	572304
auto knob

Name:	tcase knob.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	572305
tcase knob

also went with a set of red rock 4x4 grill inserts, they bolt up behind the grill rather then just being snap in, they were alot cheaper then the snap in kit too, just more labor to install and better reviews on how they hold up

pic:

Name:	grill inserts.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	572306

while its true I was thinking skulls or something with red, I saw these and realised they looked much better then the cheap stock plastic ones (which were damaged pulling them out, thats how crap they are) and wouldnt get me any stupid questions. also most of the skull knobs were cheesy, and the red billet ones looked like the wrong shade of red to go with my painted trim and seat stitching lol

Last edited by Mountain Man Tim; 08-20-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

First off never a waste of money....

I bought a one piece grill guard for around $35 and it is steel and very strong. I was thinking Rugged Ridge but can't remember.

I personally like the Drake for the handles.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mschneid
First off never a waste of money....

I bought a one piece grill guard for around $35 and it is steel and very strong. I was thinking Rugged Ridge but can't remember.

I personally like the Drake for the handles.
the little rubber tires on them were the deal maker, the tread pattern goes with the mopar floor mats and arm rest console cover and my mud terrain tires ah ya offroad theme

Quick Reply: time to waste more money on the jeep....