Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tips on cleaning?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on cleaning?

I've always tried to get the underside of my Jeep/truck clean but no matter what I do, it still has a dirt look. How do you get it clean? I've seen a few JK's on here and the underside is spotless How do you do it?! There is no way that you climb under there and do it all by hand. I have a pressure washer but it still doesn't get it that clean.

Any other random cleaning tips? Post all that you have
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i actully do slide under mine and clean it with a rag and if its a really nice day i wax it too. Yes i wax the frame / suspension and diffs. shut up!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh wow!!! That must take forever, how long do you spend doing that?

I live in a small, country town. So the roads are always dirty. There has to be a quicker way to clean it up under there. Is there some cleaner or solution that I can use? Anyone know of anything?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invest in a small pressure washer ... Karcher ... Bosch ... etc ...
It does wonders .
Old 01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

saw a cool idea on another post: hook up the lawn sprinkler underneath the Jeep for a bit first.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ballistik_monkey
saw a cool idea on another post: hook up the lawn sprinkler underneath the Jeep for a bit first.
A "bit" for me is like 3 hours for three days and I still have caked on mud covering the pipes and in the frame.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:56 AM
JK Junkie

I use a gas powered pressure washer and an old detainers trick. Original Armer All. It will look show ready in a few min. I spray the wheel wells all visual frame control arms axle housing ect. Just spray and walk away. It will look nasty for about 20-30 min but all runs will go away and u won't believe the look. I used to detail for a living and I've had a few rides in my time :-) just beware that the AA has to drip somewhere so if u keep ur driveway perfect you might do it in the street.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
I use a gas powered pressure washer and an old detainers trick. Original Armer All. It will look show ready in a few min. I spray the wheel wells all visual frame control arms axle housing ect. Just spray and walk away. It will look nasty for about 20-30 min but all runs will go away and u won't believe the look. I used to detail for a living and I've had a few rides in my time :-) just beware that the AA has to drip somewhere so if u keep ur driveway perfect you might do it in the street.
I'll second that. I've even been known to use it on the paint in a pinch, spray it on and wipe it off.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
A "bit" for me is like 3 hours for three days and I still have caked on mud covering the pipes and in the frame.
LOL! yeah...it does take a while. not gonna lie...the lazy part of me loves the labor prices here. 15 bucks for inside and outside detail job out in town.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Garvey

I'll second that. I've even been known to use it on the paint in a pinch, spray it on and wipe it off.
I had a black show truck that had been painted and wet sanded, the whole nine yards. It never failed though I would always get swirls. Believe it or not for the best shine on a black car after u wash and get to the show or whatever you are doing. Go over it with a microfiber towel and lemon scented pledge. Takes everything out and makes the paint look so deep. It will come of after the rain though.

Quick Reply: Tips on cleaning?