Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Too Many Choices - Pros & Cons

Old 03-28-2015, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of good food for thought posted here already but I'll add the the fun.

I would first answer what you plan to do with the jeep. Are you hitting the trails every weekend or a few times a year? And will they be mild trails or extreme? I've seen a lot of people that purchased a sport or Sahara just to end up buying rubi take offs and building it up. And have seen people buy rubis and build them up as well. I think if you are planning on upgrading like crazy then start with a sport but if you plan a mild build start with a Rubi.

I personally opted for the Rubi because I wanted the D44s, 4.1 transfer case, lockers, and plan in a mild build. But I will agree with some of the other comments that the stock rubi with 4.1 TC and 4.10 gears is ridiculously low off road. I spend most of my time in 3rd gear. For basic off road it's really not needed.

Good luck with your decision haha.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The general consensus is correct. It all depends on what you want and what you plan to do with it. I'm on my 2nd Rubicon and I love them. I wouldn't buy anything but. They have the options that I probably would not ever put in on my own ie: lockers, Dana 44 front axle, sway bar disconnect, 4:1 transfer case etc....if you were to add all these options you'd probably be out more money than just buying the Rubicon in the first place. With all the off road goodies the Rubicon comes with you can focus on other upgrades like lift, tires, and winch. Of course in the end it also comes down to your budget! Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Too Many Choices - Pros & Cons