Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top was cut into...items stolen

Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top was cut into...items stolen

This wasn't the JK...this is the car I was planning to sell this week to buy the JK with...

Finally after years of ownership...someone...most likely some punk kid (considering all they stole was a $200 ipod) cut a hole in my soft top... most likely if I pay full legitimate prices will cost me $1,500 to replace.

The sad thing is I was going to take it into the shop today for a tune up before selling.

Maybe I wasn't meant to get a JK? This car...everytime I am about to sell it something happens to it... im telling you...it wont let me sell it...car of doom!

Do I report something like this to the police?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

First off, I'm very sorry to hear that this happened... the good news is that it didn't happen to a Jeep!

Of course you should report this to the police. Most likely nothing will come of it, but there's a chance that they may catch this person... if nothing else, you'll increase the likelihood that they'll have a bigger presence in your neighborhood, which will benefit you and your neighbors.

Good luck, and once again, sorry to hear about this!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd report it and go through the insurance to replace the top.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

duct tape and sell it before anything else happens to it.. Im sure the tear, if small wont take the full 1,500 off the value to replace and even if it does, let the new owner deal with it.

I wouldnt go through insurance cause they'll prob try to raise your rate..

my general rule, If i can afford it, I pay if i cant THEN i call insurance.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:22 PM
JK Super Freak

That's horrible! Sorry to hear about your luck.
I'd say report it to the police, because if your insurance company has a problem with paying for the new top, a police report will help your case.
In my opinion I can't think of a better reason to get rid of a car like that. It sounds like a problem magnet to me. Not that you can't cut through the top on a jeep, but driving a Jeep with a ripped top in the winter looks hard core, driving and Audi TT (or similar) with a ripped top in the winter looks ghetto.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Easy...just go to every pawn shop in a 40 mile radius and look for your Ipod. Once you find it, get the sellers DL or ID (I'm sure it's real) and then report in to the police.
The police will then hurry over to the POS's house and upon entry, find a bunch of spoons, needles, chemicles, powder, trash, fake ID's, SS cards and green cards, stolen property and a fake Rolex.
All your problems will be solved. See, easy!

Sorry about your troubles.

Quick Reply: Top was cut into...items stolen