Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tore apart my jk this weekend

Old 10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tore apart my jk this weekend

Since money has been an issue recently, I haven't been able to buy anything nice... that being said I tore my jk down this weekend for some reason lol.

I Removed all the plastic from the interior to include the soundbar ( which I am now trying to sale) and removed the plastic and fog lights from the stock front bumper.

Now here's where I ran into a problem, I removed the front fenders due to the fact that it looked kinda ridiculous having such huge plastic fenders with the small metal bumper. I have to admit I'm not crazy about it, but i don't really wanna put them back on does anyone know of some affordable metal flat fenders ($250-$375) for a set of four that would look good with the factory metal bumper?

I've been looking at the Smittybilt 76837 XRC Fender Flare Set but would like to see if you guys have any better ideas.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Just cut your factory fenders.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blackbandit1
Just cut your factory fenders.
Yea I thought about that I need to see if there is anywhere around me that can do it.

I am horrid with that type of stuff (not so steady hands) so my luck an I'd mess it up lol
Old 10-14-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

smitty bilt xrc fenders are cheap and metal. I have them, they aren't the best fitting but they work
Old 10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend at least taking a whack at modifying your stock fenders. Set down some tape lines, and start taking material off. You can always cut twice if you didn't get close enough to your tape lines. Using some small plastic conduit (the smooth stuff) that is used for wiring will help cover any rough edges you left.

The only way anything ever got done on this Earth, was because someone went out of their comfort zone to do what others wouldn't or couldn't.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ORWJK
I would recommend at least taking a whack at modifying your stock fenders. Set down some tape lines, and start taking material off. You can always cut twice if you didn't get close enough to your tape lines. Using some small plastic conduit (the smooth stuff) that is used for wiring will help cover any rough edges you left.

The only way anything ever got done on this Earth, was because someone went out of their comfort zone to do what others wouldn't or couldn't.
Well if I hadn't already sold myself this definitely would have! Love the last bit can you get the plastic stuff at places like advance auto or auto zone?
Old 10-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get it from an automotive place it will most likely be branded as the door edge savers to keep grandma from scuffing peoples cars with her doors. Otherwise it might be an ace hardware deal.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did mine with tape lines cut them once then cleaned up with a small dremel. No complaints
Old 10-18-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks everyone I'll have to wait a week or two but I'll Def post pictures!! Also is it easy to bed line the front grille bumper ect? I've seen where a few people talk about doing it and would like to myself.

Quick Reply: Tore apart my jk this weekend