Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

TOTAL SCAM!!! - Benchmark Designs - TOTAL SCAM!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOTAL SCAM!!! - Benchmark Designs - TOTAL SCAM!!!

After purchasing a front elite bumper from John at Benchmark Designs on April 20th of this year, I have finally been refunded $679.98 from my credit card company. John told me the bumper was sitting on the shelf and could be delivered that day. After months of lies via email, he finally quit answering my phone calls, emails and none the less he removed his website from the internet. No direct communication at all after my credit card was billed less than 20 minutes after I ended the initial phone call with him.

Pretty amazing business practice on your end, John. For whoever else John ripped off, just know that if you used a credit card, the money can and will be refunded by filing a dispute for fraudulent charges. It took less than 24 hrs. for Bank of America to verify that my bumper had never been delivered and the money was back in my account. On his defense (can't believe I would actually say that) I should have not taken the chance. I read multiple bad reviews on this forum as well as the Better Business Bureau regarding his company, however the reviews were more aimed towards delayed delivery, not "gonna take everyone's money and haul ass." He, at the time, had the best bumper for my needs... live and learn.

Anyhow, Bank of America is an awesome bank and John at Benchmark Designs has hands down provided me with the worst consumer experience EVER. If anyone would like to read the lies/emails, I have everything documented and would love to share in hopes that someone else doesn't lose their hard earned money.

I'll be waiting for Poison Spyder's Brawler mid-width front bumper to come out.... a company that stands directly behind their sale.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Freak

he has one of the best dual battery tray setups, but i decided not to buy from him due to all the horrible reviews of benchmark ive read from the net.

glad your cc company gave you back your monies... there isnt much worse than paying for a product and never receiving it.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

That's why this forum is so important to me. You can get all kinds of advise good & bad before you make a purchase and learn from others experiences.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you got your money back. Thanks for the warning.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Jedi

Sorry for your troubles OP, I'm actually surprised he hasn't landed himself in jail given the number of complaints I have read.

BTW, might want to change your sig. Don't want to be advertising for the guy who never even sent you the bumper.

Last edited by Sharkey; 10-06-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, hey! Good catch. I appreciate that. Promotional efforts towards Benchmark Designs is the last thing I want to provide.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

I sure do love Bank of America. They've always been great with me as well in unfortunate situations.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad you got your money back, but why the heck did you order from him in light of all the tons of bad press?!
Everyone thinks they will be the lucky one percent that doesn't get screwed....then they do, and complain about it. Just use common sense and avoid this idiot in the first place.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

i was basically told the same thing when i had inquired about his battery tray after i had read someone saying he couldnt get one shipped to him (i was just curious if he would be honest or lie through his teeth)... benchmark dude said he had one in stock and could ship out same day. d-bag.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

It sucks to hear you got screwed, its great to hear you won in the end, good for you. This is one of the reasons why I like this forum you get lots of info.

Quick Reply: TOTAL SCAM!!! - Benchmark Designs - TOTAL SCAM!!!