Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trying to get in the right "frame" of mind.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to get in the right "frame" of mind.

This winter I plan on buying a 2012- 15 used JKU for overland adventures. Thanks to Dirtman and web sites like this I got everything set until...... I read somewhere where the frames are different on the Sport, Sahara and the Rubi. Is this true? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frames are the same on all models. Obviously the 2 door is different from the 4. Bodies are the same. Axels; transfer cases; wheels/ tires, and springs change between models.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Grimes
This winter I plan on buying a 2012- 15 used JKU for overland adventures. Thanks to Dirtman and web sites like this I got everything set until...... I read somewhere where the frames are different on the Sport, Sahara and the Rubi. Is this true? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Why are you worried about the frames? Don't you realize that Alexandria is being attacked and Glen could potentially be dead? Come on Rick every ones counting on you.......it's not the time to think about Jeeps....
Old 11-17-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dwvninety
Why are you worried about the frames? Don't you realize that Alexandria is being attacked and Glen could potentially be dead? Come on Rick every ones counting on you.......it's not the time to think about Jeeps....
Just worry about that cut hand from the walker with the machete stuck in their body.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dwvninety
Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Just worry about that cut hand from the walker with the machete stuck in their body.
LOL! Some TWD fans, awesome! Glen is alive and I need to know since the wall collapsed do to the watch tower falling over from Abraham and Rosita getting it on. I just wanted to make sure the frame was strong enough to go over the rubble to lure the Walkers away. Loose ends make my ass itch!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Frames are the same on all models. Obviously the 2 door is different from the 4. Bodies are the same. Axels; transfer cases; wheels/ tires, and springs change between models.
Thank you!

Quick Reply: Trying to get in the right "frame" of mind.