Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

UnJeepsmanlike behavior!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default UnJeepsmanlike behavior!

I recently purchased a pair of fog lights from a fellow member for $30 which seems to be the going rate. I asked what kind of shape they were in and was told that they worked just fine. I payed through paypal and received the package shortly after. That's when the disappointment set in. First of all the lenses are scratched beyond all recognition and secondly, the housing on one the fogs has two broken mounting points making these uninstallable in this condition. I should have known what I was getting into when I was contacted by the seller through PM after he saw that I was looking for fogs in the for sale section and PM'd me undercutting the asking price of the fogs that I was inquiring about in another member's thread. The best part is that when I asked him why he even considered these useable he replied that he was really sorry because he had to leave town in a hurry for work and had his WIFE take them out of his old bumper so if they got screwed up it must've been her fault. Here's an excerpt:

"Hey man sorry, I had to get my wife to pull them out and send them for me (i got called out of town and didnt have a chance) She didnt tell me there was anything wrong with them, could they have broke off in shipping as far as i know they were fine."

Blaming your wife...really? I just wanted to show the rest of you that not all Jeepers are cut from the same cloth. I personally would never screw another person over like this and certainly not for $30. I guess I just don't what it's like to need thirty dollars that badly.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ask for your money back before posting this?

😂 Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 😂
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like someone should be sending back the $30. Whether it is required is not the issue. It is the right thing to do. Did you see photos before you purchased? Always a good idea.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedJupiter
Sounds like someone should be sending back the $30. Whether it is required is not the issue. It is the right thing to do. Did you see photos before you purchased? Always a good idea.
I shoulda' asked for pics but supposedly they were still in the bumper. As far as a refund I have sent two PM's about how I thought this was a ripoff and have had no response.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
Did you ask for your money back before posting this?

 Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 
I sent two unanswered PM's until finally giving up on this d bag.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I sold 4 Spidertrax 1.5 " spacers that were brand new to a member for half price of what stores want . He was so happy for the good deal he contacted me and gave me praise . It felt good , and then recently , I was able to purchase an original glass dome light for my 1961 Willys for a great price .What goes around , comes around . Treat others as you would want to be treated ! He will get his . Also , if he won't do the right thing by you , can't you go through Pay Pal for reimbursement ?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
I sent two unanswered PM's until finally giving up on this d bag.
Sounds like he owes you some money and he knows it.

😂 Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 😂
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is exactly what the feedback score is for on the left of each post.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unacceptable

Should be refunded asap for that junk.

Cracked cant mount with scratches = free junk section. Guy must really needed 30$.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You should post his name on here. That way everyone will know to stay away from him and not purchase any of his junk.

Quick Reply: UnJeepsmanlike behavior!