Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Value of Commando Green Hard Top?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value of Commando Green Hard Top?

I am looking at a 2013 Sahara in Commando Green. It has everything that I want, except for one thing, it has the Paint Matched (Commando Green) Hardtop. I would prefer the black top.

The dealer said they would switch it, but have no other four door Commando Green jeeps to put it on. The deal they are giving me is great, but its about 1000-1500 off of where I would like to be / what I can afford.

Is the green hard top worth anything on the used market? I'd be glad to pay for it knowing I could drop it on the used market and put the money towards lift and tires... My major concern is that the commando green color was only produced for half the year and has been discontinued, so there probably aren't a whole lot of them out there. On the other hand, maybe that makes the top a hot commodity?

Any input would be appreciated. I would have just posted this in the classifieds, but Im a brand new member.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Buy it... Then post a trade for a black one on here... I'm sure it would trade and u can probably even score some extra cash on the trade
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

I think it may be a tough market for the reason you listed there- limited production of the color. You should be able to pick up a hard top used for $1000-1300.

Is painting your brand new top an option? Or maybe buy from another dealer?? Someone has to want to play ball for your business.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

He doesnt want a color matched top.. He wants a black one.. Painting it black would be a waste... It would benefit him more to sell it, even if it takes a while, make some extra cash, and buy a used top like the one I sold for $800
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Have the dealer call some other local dealers and see if one would be willing to swap colors.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell em to give you a big discount since you don't like the HT and then just rattle can that bitch when youre sick of looking at the green. I did my HT in bed liner and I would highly recommend it. way better paint job than the factory finish IMO - super easy and came out sweet.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were a little closer I may be interested in purchasing the CG hard top from you.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plasti-dip it black. It actually looks pretty good. Plus you have the options of going back to green.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gearedforacure
I am looking at a 2013 Sahara in Commando Green. It has everything that I want, except for one thing, it has the Paint Matched (Commando Green) Hardtop. I would prefer the black top.

The dealer said they would switch it, but have no other four door Commando Green jeeps to put it on. The deal they are giving me is great, but its about 1000-1500 off of where I would like to be / what I can afford.

Is the green hard top worth anything on the used market? I'd be glad to pay for it knowing I could drop it on the used market and put the money towards lift and tires... My major concern is that the commando green color was only produced for half the year and has been discontinued, so there probably aren't a whole lot of them out there. On the other hand, maybe that makes the top a hot commodity?

Any input would be appreciated. I would have just posted this in the classifieds, but Im a brand new member.

Thanks!
Where are you located?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

OMAHA, NE (I would drive a ways to swap)

Quick Reply: Value of Commando Green Hard Top?