Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Vendors w/ APO Shipping Options

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendors w/ APO Shipping Options

So, new jeep arrives very soon and I'm already obsessing over the first wave of plus-ups. The problem is that I know I'm going to have issues shipping to my APO. It's annoying to get all the way through a shopping cart process, have already uploaded payment information, and then find out APO shipping is not an option.

Does anyone out there already have a list of APO friendly vendors? If not, can we get one started?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm guessing your stationed in Germany, when I was there I just bought upgrades off amazon they ship to APO
Old 05-21-2013, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far Amazon and some Quadratec. 4wd.com won't even touch an APO, I'm assuming because they can't track the orders, which is a big reason for a lot of companies.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We ship APO all the time.

David
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
We ship APO all the time.

David
Awesome! I thought I saw someone mention you guys. Do you have substantial weight limitations or experience significantly higher shipping costs?

Last edited by Wildschwein; 05-21-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome! I thought I saw someone mention you guys. Do you have substantial weight limitations or experience significantly higher shipping costs?
We are only limited by USPS. And yes sometimes on heavy items USPS is substantialy more.

David
Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Of course, though they should only charge as if delivering to a NY zip code per my understanding...

Either way, I've been in your site all day creating my wish list.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am in the same boat as you. as per OUR APO...70 pounds is max. Nothridge, Quadratec, Poison Spyder, to name a few
and...it is more expensive from most places to ship to APO...since they have to go and fill out the form, etc. it sucks that we get dinged on that.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ballistik_monkey
i am in the same boat as you. as per OUR APO...70 pounds is max. Nothridge, Quadratec, Poison Spyder, to name a few
and...it is more expensive from most places to ship to APO...since they have to go and fill out the form, etc. it sucks that we get dinged on that.
I'm happy enough with those for now, plus amazon for generic stuff. There's got to be away around the weight though. I wonder about a bulk order? If we all order together and have it palletized and sent over at one time?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i am all for that. would even drive to Germany if we can sort something like that. I've been trying for a LONG time to get 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers out here. USPS wont ship since they are 80 lbs a piece.

Quick Reply: Vendors w/ APO Shipping Options