Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Venting

Old 09-13-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Venting

Why do things always break on the weekends?

2014 jk .... Turn signal won't stop blinking & dash is complaining of low air when I know they're properly inflated.

Just wanted to vent.

Anyone know of a way to disable the turn signal until Monday?
Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess you could just unplug it? I don't know. Ha is it the actual turn signal that won't stop blinking or the arrow on the dash?
And your TPMS sensor could've gone bad, I knocked my valve stem off a while ago and didn't replace with a stock TPMS sensor and just went with a regular old rubber stem and I get a low pressure light on my dash now.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

I tried finding the blinker relay to unplug but I suspect it's built into the computer.

I tried pulling fuses but that isn't working either.

The right turn signal is actually on and everyone thinks I'm turning right. I tried activating my flashers and driving like that but it flips out after about 5 min of driving. It says "turn signal on" and sounds that annoying ding like when you leave your keys in the ignition. There are so many alarms going in that I feel like it's an abandon ship alarm due to self destruction being activated. Once it does that it won't stop dinging until you literally disconnect the battery.

It would be hilarious if I had something else to drive but the wife went away for the weekend and I'm trapped at home.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

No relay. Just a small compter chip with mono speaker making a sound of a flasher
Old 09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Heck, I'd just bite the bullet and go to the dealership. Still under warranty hopefully?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benATX
Why do things always break on the weekends?

2014 jk .... Turn signal won't stop blinking & dash is complaining of low air when I know they're properly inflated.

Just wanted to vent.

Anyone know of a way to disable the turn signal until Monday?
Just to make sure, you checked the spare pressure too? Other than that no idea on the magic blinker mod

Edit: I see (after reading) you have more than this. Sounds like maybe a CAN controller or control module issue, doesn't help when you have to take time off work to take care of it tomorrow.

Last edited by zstairlessone; 09-14-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

It's at the dealer..... Under warranty.... We'll see what it is soon enough. I'm driving the mrs' car to work.

So embarrassing.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your going to the dealership the don't do this because if it's not happening in the repair shop they won't do anything but this may fix it try to unplug the battery for a few minutes see if the module will reset.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

They fixed it. It was a failed engine wire harness and turn signal switch.

Makes me nervous about keeping it past the warranty period.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know how you feel I have had 2 cjs and the one jk and have had nothing but problems out of the jk this will be the last Chrysler product I buy luckily I have the lifetime warranty but usually I end up having to fix it myself because the dealer can't

Quick Reply: Venting