Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Venting with Jeep warranty

Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting with Jeep warranty

Just venting..but at to the point this may be the last purchase of a Jeep.

So i'm driving and my engine shuts off in the middle of highway. Restart and it happens again...pull over put in park remove key..engine still running..

long story short I discover it's a loose fuse. The prong inside the fusebox is broken so the fuse won't say in. It's the fuse that controls the ECM..so I hit a bump pops out and so on.

I hold down the fuse with tape so I can get it home.. bring it to the dealer next day and some how the tape melted leaving some burn marks on the box etc..

Dealer understands it's a manufacturing issue, but have to note it for the parts return. Chrysler denies my warranty.

My service rep explained to customer care it's a warranty issue and that happened afterwards. Nor is that the problem. Now they have to send a bunch of pics or it's a grand out of my pocket for a 2012 with less than 20k miles and extended warranty no less. I'm guessing this is going to have to be a small claims court issue, because evedn though it's written in the notes..they don't understand it's a broken prong.

This is just frustrating..
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiosity, what is costing $1000.00? Sorry to hear about your frustration.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Just out of curiosity, what is costing $1000.00? Sorry to hear about your frustration.
a little less but new fuse box and installation..

if it doesn't go thru..just going to purchase outside and install myself..but on a positive note I threatened to refundl my extended protection..seems to have got their attention
Old 04-23-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpsinger
a little less but new fuse box and installation..

if it doesn't go thru..just going to purchase outside and install myself..but on a positive note I threatened to refundl my extended protection..seems to have got their attention
Yeah, I was going to ask. What would it cost to buy a salvage fuse box out of a wrecked JK and put it in yourself--or would you feel comfortable doing that? I would think that's a last resort.

At any rate, it sounds like the dealer needs to make it right for you and deal with their warranty claim drama on the back end. Good luck.

I've had less-than-mediocre experiences with Chrysler/Jeep dealerships in general. Love the Jeep, not the dealership...
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it wasn't to make money, they wouldn't be selling it. Hopefully you get what you paid for.

Quick Reply: Venting with Jeep warranty