Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty options

Old 03-28-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty options

Hey fellow Jeepers, I just bought a 2015 jku in jan and just cancelled my lifetime warranty because the dealer told me it was maxcare and when I got the paperwork it was only added care plus. Needless to say I got my refund and im now trying to figure out my options on warranties. I' ve been doing a lot of research and was planning on getting the lifetime maxcare for 2300 through Bob at Zeigler online, but several threads explain having problems with mods ( I have 33's with EVO leveling kit but might do more later). The dealer I bought from said as long as its not over 2.5" lift I should be fine except for the actual parts I replaced, but I don't trust them. I understand building a relationship with a mod friendly dealer is key to not having issues but I was wondering if theyre is a 3rd party warranty anyone has found that wont care about mods at all. My credit union has one but its only good for 7 years 120k miles. Also who are the mod friendly dealers in socal? Ive heard about Bob baker in Carlsbad and Redlands Jeep but was looking for any other options. I live in Chino, thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the max care from Chrysler on my Jeep it's the only extended warranty I would get. If you get a third party one look at all the fine print. Expecially mileage over routine maintenance things like oil changes if you go over any amount like even just five miles your warranty may be void. My wife is looking for a new vehicle and some of the dealerships are offering a third-party lifetime warranty and I have seen this in some of the offerings from them.

Quick Reply: Warranty options