Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warrenty question for mygig

Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrenty question for mygig

Was just wondering If anyone could give me an answer before I head to the dealer.
What happen is my nav mygig system got clogged with dust back in the summer around 50,000km. They replaced it but with a previously used unit. Shouldn't I have been givin a new mygig?
I've had this one in for 15,000km and only realized it was used when my Sirius shut off last night before the subscription was up. So I looked through the system some more and found my subscription number was wrong and something else that was odd was my top speed to be 156/h which there is no ways jeep has ever gone that fast.
So what do you think should I have gotten a new radio and not a used?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2262981181.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	411103  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Really At 15km you might be stuck with that unit.Unless it was stated on the work order that the unit a good used,the warranty might be up
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

It's pretty common for part replacements for radios, that you get a refurbished one. The dealer didn't do the warranty replacement properly, because along with swapping the radio out, they should have taken care of getting your Sat radio subscription changed over to the radio they installed.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
It's pretty common for part replacements for radios, that you get a refurbished one. The dealer didn't do the warranty replacement properly, because along with swapping the radio out, they should have taken care of getting your Sat radio subscription changed over to the radio they installed.
And reflashed it back to OEM with any software updates to make sure you have the same maps etc you did (or newer - just not older with someone else's info and VIN) in it.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got back. So what they said is that It was a refurb. When the radio is sent in they send out a re-flashed radio. So what happened in my case is that the unit sent to me was not reset to a fresh unit someone didn't do there job at the warrenty service center. I was using someone else's Sirius subscription for 5 months. I'll be going back in to speak with service manager I always deal with this week. They said they would honor a warrenty on in again as the screen is clogged with dust and won't open for the second time.
Thanks for you input everyone.

Quick Reply: Warrenty question for mygig