Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

well my transmission blew(rant)

Old 11-10-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well my transmission blew(rant)

Not so much blew but it was slamming out of first gear as many of us manual drivers have experienced...anyway I took it to my dealership of choice and they pulled it apart and said the piece of gear that broke off of first floated around and chewed up my other gears.. and I need a new trans. No big deal, expensive but still ill have a new one with a great warranty. I got a call from the dealership yesterday saying Chrysler now has a backorder on there transmissions and it could be anywhere from 5-10 weeks before I get my jeep back...seriously? How can such a huge corporation have a backorder on the same transmission amilion other jeeps have...and not only that but a backorder for almost 3 months?! That just seems crazy to me. I just want to get this ordeal behind me and get my wheels back...thank goodness I have a understanding boss who is letting me use my work van to get around in until I get it back...thanks for listening to my rant everyone...rant over
Old 11-10-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A work van? Chrysler is doing warranty work on your Jeep and not providing a loaner car or paying for a rental?

Is this typical?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

None of this work is warranty...I have a 08 I bout used and the warranty I bought it with is used up...and yes my boss is pretty much letting my take my work van home till I get my jeep baack
Old 11-10-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oops, I misunderstood when you mentioned a great warranty. I got it now.

Thanks and good luck!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it is not warranty work I certainly would not wait that long for a transmission. Get a rebuilt transmission from Jasper engine and transmission. They have a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty and have been upgraded. all you are going to get from chrysler is a remanufactuered transmission anyway. Jasper has a good reputation. Good luck with it.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

ill look into that thankks man!
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

I have never dealt with Jasper engine but have herd of them and there reputation and I would go with them not chrysler. Good luck
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Junkie

Sorry to hear, that. Mine has been kicking out more often lately and wonder if something happened internally. About a year ago it was in for some warranty work and they found the transmission was loose, after that it did not kick out often, usually just when I didn't get it all the way into gear. I'm fortunately still under warranty, but if there is a major problem, I can't wait that long as I don't have access to another vehicle and I'm pretty certain the warranty does not cover a replacement vehicle, though it would be nice to do for such an extended down time, but they would not be obligated to do so.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Yeah when you first take it in they are going to replace the shifter boot and send you on your way...sometimes it fixes it and sometimes not. Hopefully they take care of you if you have a serious issue with it. And hopefully before warranty runs out..its not a very cheap endeavor lol

Quick Reply: well my transmission blew(rant)