Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is this?

Old 10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this?

I've gone most of the summer with my full soft top attached and decided to put up the bikini that I got from the PO last year to try it out before the hard top goes back on.

In the pile of stuff was the bikini top & header, as well as a tonneau cover and one of these. It looks like it would go behind the rear passengers on the roll bar, but I can't tell how it goes on. There is also a zipper on it, but nothing to zip to. Any ideas??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-21436966.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	374983   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3681559576.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	374984  
Old 10-07-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It almost looks like a CJ top... Idk. Wish I could help more than that but the way it's cut reminds me of a CJ... Or YJ maybe
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GumbyDammit
I've gone most of the summer with my full soft top attached and decided to put up the bikini that I got from the PO last year to try it out before the hard top goes back on.

In the pile of stuff was the bikini top & header, as well as a tonneau cover and one of these. It looks like it would go behind the rear passengers on the roll bar, but I can't tell how it goes on. There is also a zipper on it, but nothing to zip to. Any ideas??
Pretty sure that's the wrap-around windjammer. Should attach vertically to the door surrounds. I think the tonneau cover attaches to that center flap with the zipper below the window, and the top somehow attaches to the bikini top. The dangling straps may go to the trunk tie-downs.

I don't own one, but that's what it looks like to me

*The top of the windjammer may not actually attach to the biking top...
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

WrapAround Windjammer

Bestop Part 80041-35 - WrapAround Windjammer in Black Diamond
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar

Bingo, that's it! I had checked Quadratec's catalog and didn't see the exact one there.

Thanks guys!!

ETA: Actually I did find that one, but didn't think that was it since it was for a two door. Since mine is an unlimited I thought it must be something else. After playing around with it some amnd putting on the tonneau it looks like he was using it behind the back seats on the JKU. It doesn't fit perfect, but not too bad for a redneck rigged part. The downside is that there isn't a way to tie the top part of it to the roll bar, and it interferes with the rear seat belts. I may make a couple of mods to make it fit better and post some pictures, stay tuned...

Last edited by GumbyDammit; 10-07-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

Good job Robar. And quick reponse. That's why you guys are the experts!

Quick Reply: What is this?