Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What do you think?

Old 11-22-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do you think?

I was playing around in the mud on my property today and got stuck in some gravel/clay. The rest of the property is black dirt (mud), so I wasn’t used to it. Anyway, I got severely stuck. I called my buddy, who has a 2004 Rubicon with 37” Boggers , 7.5” lift, and a lot of other stuff, but he wouldn’t even try to pull me out. My 74 YO neighbor tried with his 2X4 Dodge Ram, but no go. I called a wrecker and he came out in about 30 minutes. He brought a 4X4 Ford PU with him in case he couldn’t get close enough. Anyway, the Ford ended up pulling me out. I figure if a Ford PU could do it, my buddy’s Rubi could have too. He treats that thing like it’s a show vehicle or something. I wonder why he spent so much money on it. I’m glad I live in a small town because he charged me $70. One of the advantages of living in a small town.

Oh yeah, everybody have a good Turkey Day.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think your buddy with rubicon is a pussy...
Old 11-22-2007, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a jerk. I bet he doesn't wave either. I'd say if he got stuck, you could pull the same crap on him... But obviously he's driving a trailer queen...
Old 11-22-2007, 06:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm considering kicking him to the curb, but I'm a fairly forgiving person.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds to me like he should have pulled you out. Even if he is mostly all show. Even an all show Jeep is still a Jeep.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Sounds to me like he is more of a poser than a jeeper. There are people that have taken a day out of their lives to drive across a state and spend an afternoon digging out a stuck JK, so a fellow jeeper would not have to spend several hundred dollars on a tow company. This guy wouldn't even tie a strap to his rig to help a "friend" out and save him $70?
Old 11-22-2007, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

He even brought a new yellow tow strap that was still in the plastic beg, but he wouldn't break it out. We had to use chains. I offered to buy it if we messed it up. I really think he may not be mentally balanced. We've had a few "disagreements" in the past. He was in Desert Storm and it may have whacked him out. That's why I haven't told him what a jerk he is yet. I'm a vet too, but I had no war experience, or I'd probably be a nutcase too.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, I can ALMOST understand no pulling somebody out with your jeep. Maybe he did it before and broke something, and he didn't want to deal with it again.

But there's no excuse for not lending a strap. "No, that's mine. You cant borrow it." I don't think war can be blamed for acting like a selfish toddler.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayland1985
." I don't think war can be blamed for acting like a selfish toddler.
True, I agree 100%
Old 11-22-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Yesterday my friend got one of our work vans stuck in the mud. It's a E350 with a bucket. It weighs about 10,000 lbs with everything in it and was stuck up to the frame. I didn't even try to pull him out with my Rubicon because I know I couldn't. Even if I still had my winch it would have just pulled me toward the van ( and there was nothing to anchor to ). I did use my towstraps, rope and a tow chain and spend 2 hours in knee deep of mud helping him get out. We ended using a regular ford e250 van to pull him out. Another friend of ours was pissed that his deuce and a half wouldn't start because he would have loved to show off for everyone.

Quick Reply: What do you think?