Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What the heck are they thinking?

Old 03-03-2015, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What the heck are they thinking?

Consumer Reports ranks Wrangler Unlimited as one of the 5 worst values?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobile...tml/?a=viewall

I guess they have never been off-road or seen the resale value!
Old 03-03-2015, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Consumer Reports ranks Wrangler Unlimited as one of the 5 worst values?

5 New Cars Rated the Worst Values on the Market

I guess they have never been off-road or seen the resale value!
Did you read why it was rated as low as it was?

endless cabin noise and subpar handling in everyday driving

Interior quality and general vehicle comfort

Poor crash-test scores in the two-door model (with marginal ratings for four-door models

All of these things are true and the rating had nothing to do with resale value(we all know its one of the best for that) and offroading(the best vehicle you can buy).
Old 03-03-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mattfl
... subpar handling in everyday driving ....
Ever seen anything that can turn like a two door Wrangler? If you're driving down a parking row where the other side faces opposite you and there's an empty spot and a guy five spots farther up sees it--you own him. That's everyday driving handling. LOL.

But, yes, for the folks who think cars--any cars--should be an extension of the comforts provided by their living rooms, the Wrangler is a poor choice.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

I guess I suck at picking vehicles. I own a '13 JKU and a '11 Tacoma. Love driving both of them. When I feel the need for luxury and comfort, I jump in my wife's Audi Q5.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spysir
I guess I suck at picking vehicles. I own a '13 JKU and a '11 Tacoma. Love driving both of them. When I feel the need for luxury and comfort, I jump in my wife's Audi Q5.
Haha. This. '14 JKUR and my wife's Audi A4. Jeeps aren't built for comfort. Period.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must have a horrible living room!

I sold my Evo X with Recaro's apparently made for someone who is 110lbs. Sure it hugged me in twisties but getting in and out, I thought my back would literally fall apart. I love jumping in my Wrangler and driving!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:30 AM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SigEp418

...Jeeps aren't built for comfort. Period.
I don't know about that. Yesterday evening I was trying to get home on a Southern California freeway that was very congested due to a couple of traffic incidents earlier in the day. I was looking at a minimum of 2 hours to go about 40 miles. I decided to avoid the freeway and take a couple of dirt roads up through the mountains just as it was getting dark, and it was cold and raining. Of course I had some emergency supplies in the back, had plenty of light (LEDs on bumper & A pillars), warm heater and had the confidence of driving a Jeep in bad conditions. I was pretty comfortable. I also was home in 45 minutes.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RC3
I don't know about that. Yesterday evening I was trying to get home on a Southern California freeway that was very congested due to a couple of traffic incidents earlier in the day. I was looking at a minimum of 2 hours to go about 40 miles. I decided to avoid the freeway and take a couple of dirt roads up through the mountains just as it was getting dark, and it was cold and raining. Of course I had some emergency supplies in the back, had plenty of light (LEDs on bumper & A pillars), warm heater and had the confidence of driving a Jeep in bad conditions. I was pretty comfortable. I also was home in 45 minutes.
I wish I could do that. I'm stuck with Highways or highways coming home from DC
Old 03-03-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MDRoots

I wish I could do that. I'm stuck with Highways or highways coming home from DC
I think that's the problem with Consumers Union. Too much urban up there in Yonkers, NY.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Consumer Reports also ranked the Toyota Camry one of the worst vehicles for outdoorsmanship, and having the lowest general excitement gained from driving a vehicle everyday.

Just kidding.

If the guys at Consumer Reports could marry that car, they would.

Quick Reply: What the heck are they thinking?