Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What the heck are they thinking?

Old 03-03-2015, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spysir
I guess I suck at picking vehicles. I own a '13 JKU and a '11 Tacoma. Love driving both of them. When I feel the need for luxury and comfort, I jump in my wife's Audi Q5.
Oh, that's funny. I apparently suck at choosing quality vehicles also. Except that the '14 JKUR is mine and the '13 Taco is my wife's. And when we feel the need for luxury, we put a fancy pillow on the driver's seat...
Old 03-03-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a conspiracy. It's all Jeep owners making these claims, trying to keep EVERYONE from buying one. Look how many of these poor mpg, uncomfortable bricks they sell WITH the bad reviews. Has to be a conspiracy. Otherwise there would be more Jeeps than iPhones.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
It's a conspiracy. It's all Jeep owners making these claims, trying to keep EVERYONE from buying one. Look how many of these poor mpg, uncomfortable bricks they sell WITH the bad reviews. Has to be a conspiracy. Otherwise there would be more Jeeps than iPhones.
Pls stop telling people about the conspiracy. Its only a sucessful conspiracy if no one knows there is one! Help Jeepers keep jeeps away from soccer moms. Thank you for ur support.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Earth Siege

Pls stop telling people about the conspiracy. Its only a sucessful conspiracy if no one knows there is one! Help Jeepers keep jeeps away from soccer moms. Thank you for ur support.
"Nothing to see here. Please disburse. Nothing to see, people....move along"
Old 03-04-2015, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Earth Siege

But imagine the resale value if consumer reports weren't spewing out $%*# like this
Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
But imagine the resale value if consumer reports weren't spewing out $%*# like this
No, i dont care about resale. I am not letting go of this Jeep. When it dies, i will just park it in the front yard near the road and tell every single person that stops and asks how much for it, ill tell them its not for sale.(i gotta keep up the tradition of when i get older to be an old crotchety a-ho to all those new you whippersnappers that think they gonna get my baby....). Lol i am so mean......
Old 03-04-2015, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

You're also talking about a company that rates blenders and washing machines. As everyone's stated, they have their reasons for not picking the wrangler. But the type of people who truly live by consumer reports aren't usually in the market for this type of fun. CR basically looks at the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord how a 10 year old looks at a Ferrari, so yeah
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

They've ranked Chevy Silverado's bad for years. I ran them for 20 years and never had an issue.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffe
... CR basically looks at the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord how a 10 year old looks at a Ferrari, so yeah
I really disagree with that analogy. They look at any car/vehicle like a housewife looks at here vacuum cleaner. "Wow, that thing sure cleaned up the living room really nice. Now to put it away and hope that I don't have to get it out again for a couple weeks because the kids made another grand mess!"
Old 03-04-2015, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

I'm pretty sure we aren't looking for a vehicle with the "comforts of home" when there is a placard that plainly states that the doors and roof are not to contain the occupants. Just saying.

Quick Reply: What the heck are they thinking?