Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is this, a Jaguar?!?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this, a Jaguar?!?

My buddy just joined the club.

Paid ticket for a 2013 JKUR, 45,000$ CAN.

Holy crap... Is it just me?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whiskey Bravo

Its what I would have paid if I hadn't received my discount.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Whiskey Bravo

There's idiots everywhere... My neighbor payed $56,000 for a 2012 JKUR. Then sold it 3 months later because it didn't have good gas milage. Jacked up on cheap 4" lift and heavy 35x12.5x18 tires. He got pennies on the dollar for trade-in.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pricing out a new 2013 JKUR with the AEV full package and such. When I saw the 63k price tag I opted to buy one used that was built. Couldn't convince myself to spend that much cash on something I plan to use in boulders the same size as the Jeep.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess we're getting all the hummer clientele now that hummer's dead. Scary thought.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's why I'm against buying the Rubicons JKUs up here. They are soo over priced compared to what the guys down south pay for them. They are typically $10-15gs more expensive on average vs the sport model up here. Down south I see them with only a $3-5gs difference since they get discounts etc.

And we aren't allowed to buy brand new vehicles across the boarder in WA because of the price difference. They made it against the law a couple years ago so if we want a new vehicle we have to finance it up here, unless you have cash in hand I think then you can buy a new vehicle down south. They did that because too many people were buying new vehicles in the states due to the price difference.

For what a Jeep Wrangler is, the price isn't comparable, it's just out to lunch and after a few bottles lol Way to expensive, but people are willing to pay it.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember here in WA when dealers all over were advertising that they could do deals for Canadian customers. Then, one day it all stopped and Canadians couldn't buy cars down here anymore. Or, maybe they can, but it's much harder now?

It seemed to escalate around the time when the US dollar reached parity with the Canuckistan buckaroo. Buying power was the same, yet new cars cost 30% more in some cases for the exact same cars sold (and sometimes even built) in Canada. Used cars were/are also a better deal in the States.

$45k is too much for a Jeep IMO. I love Jeeps all day long, but that's really departing from the basic/useful vehicle that they were intended to be...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been running searches for used Saharas and Rubicons in my area. I've heard it before, but I was honestly surprised at how many Rubicons I saw for sale that were converted to run 'street' tires.

At first I figured no, they are Sports with Rubicon stickers. But each and every one had the proper buttons on the dash.

And it's not like they were lifted with AT's. I mean bone stock Rubicons, with what looked like Sport take-off's.

Bonus points in that each one was also an Unlimited.......

Last edited by yo_marc; 04-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yo_marc
I've been running searches for used Saharas and Rubicons in my area. I've heard it before, but I was honestly surprised at how many Rubicons I saw for sale that were converted to run 'street' tires.

At first I figured no, they are Sports with Rubicon stickers. But each and every one had the proper buttons on the dash.

And it's not like they were lifted with AT's. I mean bone stock Rubicons, with what looked like Sport take-off's.

Bonus points in that each one was also an Unlimited.......
Eek, thank God you don't see that stuff here. Why oh why?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh he also bought sahara stock side steps for his JKUR at the dealership. 700$ plus 100$ install...

I didn't have the heart to tell him what just happened...

Quick Reply: What is this, a Jaguar?!?