Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What should we get first for our daughters Gecko Green 2013 2dr JK?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should we get first for our daughters Gecko Green 2013 2dr JK?

We surprised our daughter with a Gecko Green 2dr last night at work. We pulled up in front of the little diner where she works and sat there and watched her as she realized that the green Jeep out front wasn't just another reminder that she didn't have one but that it was hers. Now we are thinking of getting her something for it, we already have the Rubicon take offs from my Jeep so the super cool rims and tires are going to be on the back burner till she can save up some money for them. The mother in me is thinking practically and leaning toward floor mats or seat covers...this is coming mostly because we had to clean out her car when we traded and it was absolutely nasty. It was 15 months old and the interior looked like something from the 1970s that raccoons had lived in for the last twenty years.

We are hoping that she takes a little better care of this one and we are going to try and ensure that she does. So what I am asking for are suggestions on something cool yet relatively inexpensive that we could add to the Jeep to personalize it a bit. She is a relatively girly girl that loves to play in the mud and then get dressed up and go hang out with friends……Think Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert mixed maybe leaning more toward Miranda.

Stock 2013 2dr Gecko Green with some bells and whistles. Help me decide what is next.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe a budget for us? You said seat covers so Im gonna say $500 or less. Maybe some truck lites? If she drives alone/at night that would be my first upgrade since its actually useful and improves a safety issue.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

we were thinking around 250 - 300 bucks. any suggestions on the truck lites?
Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

Originally Posted by einnybug
we were thinking around 250 - 300 bucks. any suggestions on the truck lites?
The truck lites mentioned are actually a brand of LED headlights. Pretty much the coolest ones you can get, and they're extremely bright, so they're great driving lights. You use them as a replacement for the stock headlamps, and they're sold on pretty much any large jeep merchandising site.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome, thank you.

It is killing me that she won't get up...I'm ready to go play in it and help her get things set up!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are awesome parents!
I would suggest mirrors for driving without doors, a gas card to go enjoy the jeep!
The headlights are a good idea.
There's a lot of little things you can do on that budget to personalize the jeep.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when my parents bought me my jku best day if my life! Haha hmm id say buy her some plasti dip black or something hmm id say some floor mats and seat covers im glad i have floor mats because my jeep takes alot of dirty lol but dam shes lucky i want a gecko"
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

As a parent my self with a young 13yr girl soon to be driving before I no it first thing I would do is up grade the tires, the stock tires that were on mine totally sucked garbage and also excellent and better lighting this way you will know her jeep can handle and see much better. Definitely think safety first then go for all the extras.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by einnybug
we were thinking around 250 - 300 bucks.
Any Lighting Mods would be cool.
Rock Rails?
Ipod Connection?
Seat covers / Slush Mats.
---GPS-----
Windows Tinted.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited by JK-Ford; 01-19-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I have found that when you buy kids stuff and they have no idea what it is to pay for it , over and over , they just don't take care of whatever it is as if they had to pay for it themselves . I bet that jeep will also be trashed in no time . And why not ? Mom and Dad will just buy her another one , just like last time !

Quick Reply: What should we get first for our daughters Gecko Green 2013 2dr JK?