Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What are some things to consider.....

Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are some things to consider.....

What are things I need to know and consider when lifting and adding bigger tires to my jeep?
I want a 4" lift and 35's. I've heard people say I will need to get a smaller drive shaft, re gear, etc.
I have only looked at rough country lifts.
I have an 07 unlimited Sahara. What are some good lifts?
This is my daily driver also. I go off roading here and there. It's pretty flat here so no crawling, mainly mudding and the occasional small hill to play on in the woods.
School me please. Tell me everything I need to know.
Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

If your serious about running the 35's you need to think about what gears your running & you don't need a 4" lift to acconplish this. A 2.5" budget boost with spring & shock spacers could pull this off. Then you have to think about new wheels with proper backspacing or wheel spacers. Do some research on the forum and you can gain alot of knowledge before you buy. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

You definitely do not need a 4" lift for 35" tires. In fact you will have a big gap between the fender. Save your money with a budget boost or flat fenders.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run a TeraFlex 2.5" or 3" kit for 35's. Our 4" kit will clear 37's , so I would not suggest that.

Quick Reply: What are some things to consider.....