Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What stock larts are good to hang on to for off roading problems

Old 10-23-2014, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What stock larts are good to hang on to for off roading problems

Wen upgrading my Jku rubicon and starting to collect a lot of stuff people really have no interest in like stock arms, diff covers, radio 130. Headlights, bumpers and misc shit. Tried selling cheap on Craig's list. Was going to put on local jeep forum for free but was thinking some of it may be good to have on an expedition run. Was thinking diff covers if arm is possible to crack. 1 control arm for each side power lower. Or am I being a pack rat. See any use in like stock skid plates. I always saved my stock stuff on my hot rods because if I traded it in I would de mod it and sell the mods seperate. But just don't see me getting rid of my jeep but we all probably say that. It's just taking up lots of room. Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 01:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

The problem with spare parts on expedition travel is it's yet more weight that you're carrying. I just returned from Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park (Park motto: "Bring two spares!") and during the return weighed the Jeep. Was carrying a friend and his gear, had already used up all of the jerry can gas, most of the food and water, and still weighed 6,800 pounds! Yes, there was room on the overhead rack for more "stuff"--only the second spare and the MaxTrax up there--but short of pulling a trailer I don't see any way that one can carry any significant amount of spare parts. You can check out my profile to see how my rig is configured, and here are a few pictures to give you perspective on how I expedition, LOL ...

Road to Nowhere, Big Bend Ranch State Park ...

Headed to Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument ...

Headed to Tatahatso Point, edge of Grand Canyon National Park ...

North Puerto Blanco Road, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument ...

My rear end organization to make gear accessible ...
Old 10-24-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you swap out your brake lines, cut the bracket off one of the old rears and keep it in your tool box.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Axle shafts and driveshafts. I don't actually take them with me when I wheel but definitely handy to have in the garage as spares...

Quick Reply: What stock larts are good to hang on to for off roading problems