Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is the trick to...

Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the trick to...

...removing the center console? Got an '09.

ATW,
Chief
Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody???
Old 07-21-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Have you looked for adding 508d to the factory alarm system? Google it and see if the directions there are any help to you.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls
Have you looked for adding 508d to the factory alarm system? Google it and see if the directions there are any help to you.

Sent from my Droid4 and Jkfreaks.com
Perfect...thank you!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 torx 2 near the front 2 near the rear, slide seats forward to get rear ones. Knobs pull right off, after you regain consciousness, pull e brake all the way up, like really really far. Pop lower dash panel just in front of the shifter, no screws just pops out from top to bottom and kinda slide up. Now, in theory the console just lifts right up. HAHA. Makes me laugh. Keep band aids nearby, seriously my hands were so torn up. And to be completely honest, never did get it completely out, but enough to replace the xfer case cable bushing. Also trimmed the (cut access hole) in the side of the console in case that ever happens again.

BTW some people had luck loosening the bracket bolts for the ebrake. Didn't read that tip before going through hell.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phnguyjk
4 torx 2 near the front 2 near the rear, slide seats forward to get rear ones. Knobs pull right off, after you regain consciousness, pull e brake all the way up, like really really far. Pop lower dash panel just in front of the shifter, no screws just pops out from top to bottom and kinda slide up. Now, in theory the console just lifts right up. HAHA. Makes me laugh. Keep band aids nearby, seriously my hands were so torn up. And to be completely honest, never did get it completely out, but enough to replace the xfer case cable bushing. Also trimmed the (cut access hole) in the side of the console in case that ever happens again.

BTW some people had luck loosening the bracket bolts for the ebrake. Didn't read that tip before going through hell.

Good luck
Thanks....gonna try it tomorrow.

ATW,
Chief

Quick Reply: What is the trick to...