Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What Would You Build for Moab?

Old 01-12-2017, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
how would a typical person build a Jeep up for Moab?
I don't think a "Typical" person would Do PR 60's full PSC hydro steer etc.... Lotto win the sky is the limit!!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would build my Jeep the way I am already going.

2 Door Automatic
37's Beadlocks
PR44 front stock rear ARBs 5.13s with Chromo shafts
Quality Steel bumpers
Winch
And a few lighting options in case we do a night run IE floods and rock lights.

This setup will let me drive my Jeep to Moab from the East Coast, have a good time, and then drive it back home.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by mdash
Is this the "if I won the lottery" question? If so, 4 door with factory half doors, custom cage, long arm, coilovers, PR80 and 60, 40's, etc.
No, more a real world budget in mind question.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Well... This pretty much explains my JK build. Like most Jeeps, mine is a work in progress. In preparation for my trip to the Moab Jeep Jamboree (2000 miles round trip) back in October, I added a winch, bumpers, rocker protection and additional skids on top of the 3.5" lift and 35's I already had installed. After getting back, I had my Jeep aligned at the dealership and found out I had slightly bent my stock Rubicon front axle housing. My Dynatrac PR44 is on order and I'm awaiting its delivery as we speak!! So, as others have stated, upgrading or reinforcing the stock housing is important.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Luckily I live in Utah so I am fortunate to enjoy it multiple times a year. The only thing I am adding to mine this year is flat fenders and 37's w/ beadlocks. My JK has performed awesome thus far but just want a little more tire and clearance for the more technical trails.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by japatton@icloud.com
Well... This pretty much explains my JK build. Like most Jeeps, mine is a work in progress. In preparation for my trip to the Moab Jeep Jamboree (2000 miles round trip) back in October, I added a winch, bumpers, rocker protection and additional skids on top of the 3.5" lift and 35's I already had installed. After getting back, I had my Jeep aligned at the dealership and found out I had slightly bent my stock Rubicon front axle housing. My Dynatrac PR44 is on order and I'm awaiting its delivery as we speak!! So, as others have stated, upgrading or reinforcing the stock housing is important.
Hopefully we'll see you in April at EJS enjoying your new ProRock 44 as much as possible!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Hopefully we'll see you in April at EJS enjoying your new ProRock 44 as much as possible!
Unfortunately, no EJS for me. I am heading down to Moab in July for a family reunion and I plan on spending a day or two out on the trails.

I got a notice from Northridge that my PR has shipped. It will hopefully be here this week!!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

No, more a real world budget in mind question.
Ok fine. For Moab, I'd still do a 4 door sport with factory half doors. PR44 front, upgrade rear axle with arb and good shafts. Bumpers, winch, supporting crap like recovery gear, Rock Krawler 2.5" lift of some sort, 37's on some Trailready beadlocks and a spiderweb shade. Still not real world for most people but that's at least closer.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

The 4-door is the way to go do to its length and ability to get over larger rock faces and etc. I would want lockers for sure. Go ahead and add some flat fenders for protection/room for the tires to flex. At least 35's paired with a set of beadlocks. Beadlocks will allow my tire pressure to be lowered drastically, which will in return give me more grip on the rocks. Underneath I would want a 3" longarm kit so that I don't sit to high. Last thing I want is to flop backwards with the family inside. lol Lastly, you need to know how to use the "Moab bump" because sometimes hoping over stuff is what you have to do.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Prorock 44/60 all the way!

Quick Reply: What Would You Build for Moab?