Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What's the Dumbest/Silliest Question You've Been Asked About Your Jeep?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I drive into the fuel station (obvious Diesel rattle), "Cummins" sticker on the hood, pull up to the diesel pump, and they ask "Is that really diesel?" "They didn't make many of those, did they?"
Old 08-19-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default number of door's

I just had my boss ask me "Is the only difference between a Wrangler and Rubicon the number of doors?" He thought the Wranglers were a 2 doors and Rubicons were 4 doors.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Not a question, but an hilarious statement. We live in Salt Lake City, only 4 hours from Moab, so we go down at least twice a year. My wife is a good sport and comes along, but she gets nervous. So when we come up to a big, scary-looking obstacle, she says, "I think I'll get out and take some pictures of you driving."

Another funny wife statement - she was getting gas, and a guy with a new JK with a lift, but with OEM plastic bumpers and plastic running boards, was trying to impress her with his big lift. She looked at his Jeep and sarcastically said, "Before you take that off-road you need to get some real rock rails and bumpers."
Old 08-19-2014, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Is that a Rubicon?

I have a JKU Sport. Everyone seems to think that all Jeeps are Rubicons, so I am asked all the time if it's a Rubicon. I bought several original looking Rubicon stickers from a vendor and modified them to read RUBINON. Still, some dumbass asked at a gas station..."Is the RUBINON a new model? What are they going for?"
Old 08-19-2014, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took the JKUR into a jiffy lube to get a quick oil change. Young highschool service attendant takes a look at it (no doors or top) and asked if It was a grand Cherokee.
Hahahaha no.
He then offered me a complementary car wash after my service was done.
I looked him in the eye, swing my head back and looked at the Jeep, looked back at the kid and said, " now how the hell do plan on doing that?!?"
His reply, " oh yeah haha I guess not without a roof or anything...."

Same kid also asked if my cb radio let me listen to cops. Lol
Old 08-20-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Waldo_88
When bringing new guys to the trails: "Wait a sec, why the #@%* are we going up that??"

When power washing the floors: "Dude?!? What the #@%* are you doing??" -Rhino lined tub

"Aren't you worried you're going to scratch it?"

After saying something stupid about Hummers, chrome, or mall crawler/pavement princess Jeeps: "What's that look for?"
In reference to taking people to trails, I had a couple of teenagers jump out after asking are we going up that? After convincing them that it was safe they screamed as if they were at six flags on roller coaster. It was a short obstacle about 15 yards. After we climbed the rock obstacle they were like that was nothing. Instead of turning around and going back down and I told them it is more fun going back down backwards. The screams turned to screeches and twisting and turning in theirs seats trying to watch where we were going. I was laughing so hard I was almost crying. When we got to the bottom I noticed it was not just me almost crying. One of the teenagers asked me if I could take her home.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been asked 3 times at the pump, "Is that your Jeep?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	292
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	572223
Old 09-01-2014, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

At work once after a muddy weekend: "That's your Jeep? I thought it was some macho guy showing off."

Another time: "How do you get into it?" (it's lifted and on 37's)

And: "You can drive that?" (I'm a girl...)

And: "Do you go off road?" (YES)

And: "How do you like it?" (It's F-ing awesome)

And: "Are those tires expensive?" (YES)

And: "What do you do when you go off road?" (I crawl over big rocks)

And: "It looks powerful." (It's a gutless wonder going uphill, but I can drive over a boulder - that always confuses them)

I know there are more that have made me chuckle and roll my eyes but that's all I can think of right now.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

from a guy in a church parking lot after a Rausch Creek Saturday, Jeep covered in mud:

"Nice Jeep! Have you rolled it?"

I said No, I try to keep the shiny side up while off roadin'.

Last edited by Bug Stomper; 09-08-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJKr
I have a JKU Sport. Everyone seems to think that all Jeeps are Rubicons, so I am asked all the time if it's a Rubicon. I bought several original looking Rubicon stickers from a vendor and modified them to read RUBINON. Still, some dumbass asked at a gas station..."Is the RUBINON a new model? What are they going for?"
i wonder if the dumbass at the gas station is on some other forum saying theres a jeeper that bought stickers and modified them to say rubinon when he has a sport lol

Quick Reply: What's the Dumbest/Silliest Question You've Been Asked About Your Jeep?