Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whats Next???

Old 10-05-2015, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats Next???

Hey all. I have a few questions. I have a 2011 JK Sahara Unlimited and I have full suspension upgrade with 2 inch lift, 33 inch tires with 17 inch wheels. I'm looking into what I can do next to improve the performance in my off road experience. I'm new to off roading so I'm not sure what to get next. Just went to Rausch Creek in PA for the weekend and had a blast. Just wanna be able to tackle more of the trails and courses with a bit more ease. Help Me Out!!!
Old 10-05-2015, 06:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you set on recovery gear (winch and associated accessories)? If so, I'd look into skid plates or frame-mounted rock rails next.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your build is more than enough to get you into some very serious trouble offroad.

Think about your current pinch points when you're out on the trail. Is the rig still using stock gearing? Does it feel too high for what you do? Have you disconnected the front swaybar to let the axle float on the rocky stuff? Do you think you need quick disconnects if you're going to be doing it a lot? Have there been any safety issues, i.e. lack of lighting, or wishing you had more recovery gear?

Just in those few sentences there's multiple thousands of dollars worth of potential build and hours and hours of work and you can really pick any direction you want to go with your next mod(s).

Referencing another thread on here, if the Jeep is 'good enough' and resources are on a budget, is there a better tradeoff just using that available cash to go enjoy the rig, or are you more interested in adding that next mod?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Very good points jk_sea thank you very much. My next move was to do some quick disconnects and than hit the trails again to see the difference. But as of yet your are 100% correct. I haven't crossed any issues going through the trails and obstacles that have come across them. So I will do just that and go one upgrade at a time to see what difference it makes and see if the next upgrade is necessary.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Even a stock Sport is capable of providing its owner and family some great experiences. But most of us have to make the money stretch. Just a word to the wise: Don't let building your Jeep keep you from experiencing your Jeep. Get out there and experience what this great country of ours has to offer. As jk_sea says, build up experiences that help you find the mods you'll really use ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spCoIY1wdaA
Old 10-05-2015, 01:07 PM
JK Newbie

Mark Doiron I am going to do just that. Little at a I time and add as I see fit. Thank you all for the help and opinions.

Quick Reply: Whats Next???