Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wheeling with a vehicross

Old 07-31-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheeling with a vehicross

I go wheeling a few times a month with a guy who has a TJ rubicon on 33's and a winch. One of my other friends just picked up a Isuzu Vehicross, I've never seen this SUV before and he wants to come wheeling with us. The trail that we go on is not too difficult but its pretty small anything bigger than a FJ won't fit. there are areas where both of us had to use our lockers to get through. I was curious if anyone knew anything about the Vehicross and if it would be able to keep up or would we be winching him out a lot. I have a stock '12 rubicon, my buddy has a '05 Rubicon on 33's BFG km2 and the guy with the vehicross is stock with 285/75R16 toyo MT. The trail is dirt with some mud pits and water crossings and it is narrow. Most of the parts where egr had to use our lockers are in the mud and water crossings and the last time we went with a guy with a FJ on BFG ATs and he got stuck a lot.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you needed lockers to get through, I seriously doubt a Vehicross would make it. Are those things even 4wd? I thought they were AWD...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

They have a low range that locks out the transfercase and a LSD and they have resevoir shocks from the factory. This is the first time I've ever seen one in real life hopefully since this guy has MTs on it, it will be able to keep up better than the FJ that went with us last month
Old 07-31-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SPCmario
They have a low range that locks out the transfercase and a LSD and they have resevoir shocks from the factory. This is the first time I've ever seen one in real life hopefully since this guy has MTs on it, it will be able to keep up better than the FJ that went with us last month
From what I've seen in/on tv magazines and internet the vehicross is very capable and should be fine. Let em go and so what if ya gotta winch him once or twice. Then you got braggin rights and can tell him to get a jeep lol
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd wheel it...

Quick Reply: Wheeling with a vehicross