Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

when i shake my rear right tire, i hear fluid swishing around. what is that? and why?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when i shake my rear right tire, i hear fluid swishing around. what is that? and why?

i think im running into axle issues. when i shake my tire i can hear fluid swishin and swashin around. my back end is also pretty loose on bumps, especially at highway speed.

any ideas?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Fluid swishin and swashin=gas in tank.

Loose rear.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyk
i think im running into axle issues. when i shake my tire i can hear fluid swishin and swashin around. my back end is also pretty loose on bumps, especially at highway speed.

any ideas?
First thing that I would think of would be the gas tank, I know there have been times when I've heard it much louder the normal for whatever reason and made me pause and think wtf for a second.

As for the loose end, try checking the torque on the rear track bar. I know mine wasn't as tight as it should of been after my lift and it felt pretty loose, turns out it was just the lower track bar bolt that felt tight but wasn't tight enough.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
First thing that I would think of would be the gas tank, I know there have been times when I've heard it much louder the normal for whatever reason and made me pause and think wtf for a second.

As for the loose end, try checking the torque on the rear track bar. I know mine wasn't as tight as it should of been after my lift and it felt pretty loose, turns out it was just the lower track bar bolt that felt tight but wasn't tight enough.
yeah, found out the issue today. that was the gas tank and like you said, just seemed much much louder than usual. wobble came from wheel weights falling off and rattling the track bar just a smidgen loose. felt kinda sketchy on the highway but now that its all buttoned up, its good to go

Quick Reply: when i shake my rear right tire, i hear fluid swishing around. what is that? and why?