Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

When the wife says no

Old 04-14-2014, 02:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I learned long ago (married TFL), it is not worth it to argue. Rather, mention in passing, buy then bolt on. My logic, why argue and get upset over something, follow through anyway, and have her repeat the process. I just do, let her steam a bit, once, and she's over it. Anybody else have a different tactic?
Time to trade her in for a newer model!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Normally I just do it. Takes her awhile to notice anything done to the jeep. Had the sPod installed for about two months, used it twice with her in the car before, on the third time, she goes, "Has that always been there?" Answer, "Why yes dear".
Old 04-14-2014, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not married but my girlfriend of 7 years is stuck in wife mode anyway. I just do it and hope for the best when she finds out. Her stepdad is huge into offroading and she understands the addiction. Our money is also separate and we do what we want after the bills are covered.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
our money is separate and we each split all living expenses. whatevers left we each get to do what we want with....
Same here but my wife also buys me jeep parts!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

As long as my mods don't come out the bank account she doesn't care or ask questions. However sometimes she recommends mods. I replaced my rear stocker with a non faded one yesterday. She noticed it looked so much better and recommended we repaint the hood. It's a matte black jeep and she used dryer sheets to get the bugs off my hood. Needless to say my hood don't look quite as good.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now that I have a child on the way, mods have slowed big time. Girlfriend wants to be a stay at home mom for a while before returning to work. So we will be living off just my income, kinda sucky but it takes two to tango. before we knew we were expecting I was buying parts left and right, didn't mention anything to the lady, didn't think I had to as long as my part of the bills were paid. Now I try to buy a Or-Fab air pump relocate bract for $30 and she flips shit. I bought it anyway, I know have parts shipped to work and say I paid off part of a credit card.

That all changed this last week, really need to buckle down for a while and save the pennies. September I should be able to start getting parts again.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

my wife made me buy my jeep.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Divi
Now that I have a child on the way, mods have slowed big time. Girlfriend wants to be a stay at home mom for a while before returning to work. So we will be living off just my income, kinda sucky but it takes two to tango. before we knew we were expecting I was buying parts left and right, didn't mention anything to the lady, didn't think I had to as long as my part of the bills were paid. Now I try to buy a Or-Fab air pump relocate bract for $30 and she flips shit. I bought it anyway, I know have parts shipped to work and say I paid off part of a credit card.

That all changed this last week, really need to buckle down for a while and save the pennies. September I should be able to start getting parts again.
Kids only get more expensive as they get older my friend.......wife goes back to work, you need to pay to get someone to look after him/her.......when they start eating real food the grocery bill goes up.....and they grow like weeds, so they will need clothes constantly.......wait until they start school......
Old 04-14-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like a different version of buy once, cry once.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

Not married now, so it's no longer an issue. However, when I was we just made an agreement about priorities and talked about money every month. Still, I didn't volunteer any information such as prices. We had enough issues and I didn't want to hear about it every fight.

Quick Reply: When the wife says no