Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who has a bluetooth speakerphone that works with the top down?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a bluetooth speakerphone that works with the top down?

So I'm looking for a BT speakerphone for my wife to use in her car, but I'd like to move it to the Jeep when we go on vacations. Does anyone here have a bluetooth speaker phone that is useable with the top down? I think my main front runners are the Motorola T505 and the Jabra Cruiser 2

I'm really only interested in the visor clipped units in the sub $100 range. I realize there is probably one out there for $400, but that cuts into the Jeep budget.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I know it's not a speaker but this is what I use and love it , even in my loud UPS truck I can hold a conversation and when I get in the jeep no issue
LG TONE+
Old 05-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm not sure if jawbone makes one, but I had an icon headset that I could hear when driving with the top and doors off.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll look into those, although I was looking more of a speaker than a headset. If I can't find one that works in the Jeep, we'll just keep it in her car.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used the Motorola t505 in my old TJ and it worked pretty good with the top down. It a bit windy and loud but clear for the person on the other line, but hooked up to my radio with the FM transmitter was a great feature on my end.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lvd76
I used the Motorola t505 in my old TJ and it worked pretty good with the top down. It a bit windy and loud but clear for the person on the other line, but hooked up to my radio with the FM transmitter was a great feature on my end.

Perfect! Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Who has a bluetooth speakerphone that works with the top down?