Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who makes the best hard top storage rack?

Old 05-23-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who makes the best hard top storage rack?

I know you can make a great one for $100, I made one for my dad, I just don't have that kind of time on my hands right now and I just bought a softop. Any advice as to who makes the best hard top storage rack in the 175-300 dollar range?
Old 06-02-2016, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

buuuuuump
Old 06-03-2016, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not trying to be a Smart-A** or anything, but I've used for years a couple of saw horses from Lowes. I remove the top with a hoist and set it on the saw horses with the front facing out of the garage. It's high enough for the front end of the Jeep to tuck under the front of the top when I pull in.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Growlz
Not trying to be a Smart-A** or anything, but I've used for years a couple of saw horses from Lowes. I remove the top with a hoist and set it on the saw horses with the front facing out of the garage. It's high enough for the front end of the Jeep to tuck under the front of the top when I pull in.

That's a great (cheap) solution! I'll have to try that. The hard tops take up so much room and in FL storage space is a commodity since most of our houses lack basements or usable attics.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKU4ME
That's a great (cheap) solution! I'll have to try that. The hard tops take up so much room and in FL storage space is a commodity since most of our houses lack basements or usable attics.
I use this and love it. Top comes of easy, one person and very little risk of dropping or losing control while removing. I back in remove the top, hoist it to the ceiling which then allows me to pull in forward and have the top hang over the hood.

Racor 250 lb. HeavyLift Storage Platform-PHL-1R - The Home Depot

Quick Reply: Who makes the best hard top storage rack?