Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why Next Bronco Won't Beat Wrangler

Old 01-29-2017, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the bronco will beat the wrangler if it comes with solid axles.

From what I heard it will be 2 door 4 door hard top and soft top, and the same chassis as the new ranger
Old 01-29-2017, 04:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I'm not sure what the Bronco will have in regards to suspension and axles but I'm pretty certain what it won't have.

A removable roof with soft and hard top capabilities. The Wrangler has that market monopolized.
Nor will it have removable doors. I'll bet it will be nice, though.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

remembering the original bronco it gave my cj5 a run for the money
if they keep it simple and trustworthy it will give the jeep a run for the money
just don't make it too big
Old 02-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Personally, I'll welcome a viable alternative to the Wrangler. So I hope the new Bronco turns out great. The Wrangler needs some competition. The prices on these Wranglers have sky rocketed since the Hummer H3, Nissan Xterra and Toyota FJ Cruisers have ceased to exist in this market segment.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed Rednroll, I hate to see the sticker on the JL as tempted as I am to buy one after the first year.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:52 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Default Sharing Axles

Looks like both rigs will be riding on Dana's next-gen axles...
New Wrangler and Bronco Could Ride Alike - JK-Forum
Old 02-09-2017, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The more I have thought about it and looked at what Ford offers, I really can't see a next gen Bronco going out on solid axles. It would be great for the off-road world but really doesn't work for ride quality and handling in the market place. Jeep just gets away with it as part of the brand image. Dana does make plenty of IFS axles and it is entirely possible that the JL solid axle and a Bronco IFS would use the same parts.

Time will tell and until you see them on the showroom floor, it is all just rumour and speculation at this point
Old 02-10-2017, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Default its gonna take a lot more than simply solid axels

IT will take good gear ratios , front rear center lockers ( chevy zr-2) clearance, looks , the ability for a lift to handle larger tires of 35s right form the start, plus decent looks .. IMHO if you look at the aluminized bed on the f150 in the chevy commercials ford didn't do so hot there. so what makes anyone think that they are gonna build something really tough. and price wise. It needs to be way under a fully loaded jeep rubicon. Then there is the issue of the discontinuity of the line start .... stop etc. Just look at hummers, here for a while then gone. same thing with the FJ here for a while then gone. I just think that a few will go to the bronze but the vast majority willstick with Jeep, Unless fiat really screws up. IMHO
Old 02-12-2017, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
Just look at hummers, here for a while then gone. same thing with the FJ here for a while then gone. IMHO
Hummers were nothing but an over sized fuel hogging fad killed by fuel prices and Toyota just got the FJ completely wrong with a solid roof and limited modding options..
Old 02-12-2017, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK
Hummers were nothing but an over sized fuel hogging fad killed by fuel prices and Toyota just got the FJ completely wrong with a solid roof and limited modding options..
If it weren't for Jeep being forced to compete with Hummer, there might not have been a 4 door JK.

Quick Reply: Why Next Bronco Won't Beat Wrangler