Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife's 2015 JKU Rubicon build in stages.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife's 2015 JKU Rubicon build in stages.

Hey fellas, I've been reading a lot on this forum for the last few days to get an idea of what way to go about modding the wife's jeep. It's a white JKU Rubicon automatic with 3.73 gears. I've already ordered wheels for it, Method Racing Roost in bronze, 17x8.5, 0 offset, 4.75 backspace. We're planning on keeping the factory warranty before doing any major mods since it's her daily driver. Our plan is to eventually have a trail worthy jeep that's comfortable to take trips in with the family (9 and 13 year old) to Colorado, Tennessee, etc from Texas. I'd like to do this in stages and wanted to get some input on my plan so far. I'm going to re-use the stock BFG tires on the new wheels and roll like that till we can get her a lift. I'm liking the Metalcloak 2.5/3.5 lift because I can use the stock Rubicon shocks with it and quality. She's liking the Nemesis Notorious fenders, so that'll most likely go next. After we get good wear out of the stock tires, we'll upgrade to either 35s or 37s. I've read that there are quite a bit of modifications recommended for the 37s. After that, will probably go with better shocks to compliment the lift. I like the way the fox shocks look with the extra reservoir but I'm not sure we need them. So my question is, is there much difference between the 2.5 or the 3.5 lift from metalcloak? Id rather have a lower center of gravity with 37s than height. My wife has back issues so it can't be too tall for her to climb and we need it to fit inside the garage. I know there's a lot here but I wanted to see if I'm heading the right direction. I spoke to our jeep dealer and asked what would void the warranty as far as lift and tires. They said the limit is 35's and a 5 inch lift. Any taller on either and it'll void it. Thanks in advance. BTW, I have a 2005 Dodge SRT10 Viper truck and a Saleen S281 turbo to mod, so we're taking turns in the mod game, haha.

Quick Reply: Wife's 2015 JKU Rubicon build in stages.