Winch + 2010 Unlimited = what size winch?

Default Winch + 2010 Unlimited = what size winch?

I was just wondering, what size winch should I run on my Jeep? I had an 8000lb winch on my TJ but since it seems like my JK weighs twice as much I should probably run a 10,000lb winch.

Thanks!

Tony

I have a Warn PowerPlant that hasn't disappointed me, yet. 9500 lbs line pull.

BTW: Keep an eye on the Midwest sub-forum because we're setting up another meet and greet, probably in the MWC area.

Alright, sounds good. I think when the time comes (who knows when) I'll just go with the Smittybilt XRC10 winch.

I'll take a look at the forum!

There are a number of people that run the Warn 8000lb winch and have had not issues especially if you get a snatch block. Many members with JKU's have ranged from 8000lbs upto 12000lb winches. I am running a 9000 lb warn and I went this route talking with another member with the same winch and similar accessories and it happened Warn had a great sale on the 9000lb winch.

Warning....You will get a variety of answers on brands and pulling power, just do a search on winches and several threads should pop up. Good luck with your choice!

Triple,

Good to know that I could have kept my 8000lb winch! Dangit.

Well, I'm a big cheapo/poor man, so I'll probably stick to the Smittybilt XCR 10. Looks like I snag one for about 400.00

Tony

6. Default JK-Forum