Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Window blockers

Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window blockers

Hey folks! I'm looking to turn my 13' Jk into a road trip military vehicle. I'm looking for something I can use to put up on all the windows as sun blockers to completely block out light when it's nap time. The job ill be leaving for will have me on the road driving to a lot of training and being a small guy I easily sleep in the 4 door. Anyone heard anything like this?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd look into "light blocking" curtain panels. You can buy them at target/walmart etc. I'm sure you get a good deal on some from amazon. Once you have those, you could get a grommet kit from the hardware store and place grommets where ever you want to rig it up to the roll cage. If you wanted you could add some snaps, buttons, or velcro the panels to help seal up any slits. You probably block out 100% of the light, but it should do a good amount.

You could also get one of those sleep masks that goes over your eyes and just wear that.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to live in an apartment with 1.21 gigawatt streetlight just outside my bedroom window. I put Reflectix up and it blocked 100% of the light. I also use it now as a sunblock for the front windshield when I have my doors on.

Shop Reflectix 25-ft x 24-in Reflective Insulation at Lowes.com

It comes in different sizes and I bet you could cut some to fit the windows and attach with some small pieces of velcro.

Quick Reply: Window blockers