Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrangler Struggles to Climb Out of Cul-De-Sac?

Old 03-06-2017, 10:55 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler Struggles to Climb Out of Cul-De-Sac?

One man's issues with an icy cul-de-sac prompt blunt tips for winter Jeep driving.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 03-06-2017, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well mods wont always compensate for a shitty driver.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I'm not saying it would have helped in Icy conditions but he could have aired down, Locked the front and rear and Lugg the engine start off in third or 4th in 4L to help will wheel spin.

I'm going to agree driver was either just messing around or was a complete dum@ss.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
So I'm not saying it would have helped in Icy conditions but he could have aired down, Locked the front and rear and Lugg the engine start off in third or 4th in 4L to help will wheel spin.

I'm going to agree driver was either just messing around or was a complete dum@ss.

This!!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK

I'm surprised to see people taking this so seriously. The entire Portland metro area woke up to ice-blanketed streets and the city was essentially shut down. Based on that, I'm pretty sure this guy was just messing around and having fun in his Jeep. He actually took 3 or 4 videos and posted them to his instagram account. And despite all of the professional opinions and critiques, he ended up making it up and out just fine after a couple of try's

His page is actually pretty badass and features a lot of nice JK builds. If you're on instagram, check it out @bestoffroad.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I figured the way he was driving it was just messing around. Also one of the dead giveaways he was messing around was lots of throttle and he should have at least locked the front. Living in NH for years taught me that FWD trumps RWD in icy and snow conditions... Obviously 4wd is King but FWD handles a lot better than RWD in snow and Ice.

Quick Reply: Wrangler Struggles to Climb Out of Cul-De-Sac?