Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yeah, Banned from WAL Website

Old 04-24-2016, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Yeah, Banned from WAL Website

I got banned from WAL. I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I stirred up shit when someone took flack over building some sliders that were similar to EVO's. Then I called a few out when within the same week when someone posts they were copying a setup that EVO had built for one of their Jeeps (the idea was not something they sell, but indeed their idea), and lastly someone building a cargo net that resembles all the other ones on the market. Those two ideas were fine, but the dude making the sliders was ripped. Last night I posted "can I buy the new EVO sliders from Northridge" and "what if someone builds a Sterling or 14 bolt, is this bad because they are robbing business from Dynatrac?". I guess that sent Eddie over the top. A lot of that group over there has lost the idea of what the Jeep community is about and it is sad, because at one point I followed Eddie and liked what he did. Oh-well. Not sure if I'm the only one ever banned, I didn't think they ever banned people. Again, I'm glad, I was waiting for it to happen.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It looks like you've been a member here long enough to recall the days where top posters were banned under the tyranny here. Many folks went to jkowners from the first batch of bans and later jkfreaks. I now see folks going to jkasylum too. You knew waste-of-life would be a tyrannical forum. I too knew it and decided not to join. Every new member and every post only boosts his ego and bank account.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Some fun wha!......I got banned from Jeeppatriot.com because I called out someone who thinks he is going to build a baja racer out of his 2008 patriot. ha ha...what a MORON. Its going to be a pile of scrap after 10 mins....He was talking about getting a one off CVT transmission made, a high travel lift, etc.....I told him It will never happen. and the mods went haywire. I have built various race cars for people running rallies including very prominent people. I told the guy and mods that he is dreaming....you cannot install a huge lift into the patriot, it would take about 10,000,000 dollars to get a one off CVT, etc. I told him if he wants to go racing, buy a mid 90s ranger, and about 5000 dollars in parts and hes off! He did not want to hear it. Right now, all he has is air horns, a general lee confederate flag on his roof, and a fartcan muffler.

WInner all day long!
Old 04-24-2016, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It looks like you've been a member here long enough to recall the days where top posters were banned under the tyranny here. Many folks went to jkowners from the first batch of bans and later jkfreaks. I now see folks going to jkasylum too. You knew waste-of-life would be a tyrannical forum. I too knew it and decided not to join. Every new member and every post only boosts his ego and bank account.
Yep, you are right. Shouldn't have wasted the time.

I do want to say, that I did hijack a thread about a cargo net build. It was trying to prove a point about the asses over there. I apologized to the lady on the site. I'm apologizing to her here also. She made a great product and I had no beef with it or her. It was about them allowing someone to build a cargo net like the other ones on the market, but not a similar EVO slider. So again, my apologies to whoever you are out there. I know you got your nets done and they are cool to say the least. Great job on the build.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats WAL?
Old 04-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
Whats WAL?
Waste of life......ooops, sorry- way-a-life.com.

The guy who used to run this site sold it off for a pretty penny and started another site doing the same thing and hoping that his followers would follow....and that they did.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well thats a dumb name for a website anyway
Old 04-24-2016, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Its his business model and his living. Most business want every customer they can get. Control over speech seems more important to him. I guess he gets enough hits on the site to keep the advertisers happy. I see lots of his minions here as he lives about 15 miles from me. They are easy to spot with the WOL banner on the windshield and giant Nitto tire sticker down the side. They all look like clones just in different colors since they are limited in what they can put on their rigs. If you get invited on one of their runs you must conform to the group with the window banner and the big trips may make you even change tires since Nitto is one of the big tires and don't want other tires shown in the videos. The few WOL guys I have run into love to talk about all the different brands they have on their rig but when you ask them why their bump stops are set up so they have less then stock travel on a 12" travel shock they look like a deer in the headlights. They all say he is a great guy and the first one to help when something goes wrong on the trails but I have only met him once briefly at a Reds in Carson City.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the Jerry Springer Show at WAL continues. I'm not banned, but I can only post in one thread due to the nazi rule from their moderators. Heaven forbid anyone have a brain and offer solid advice that doesnt include one of their sponsors.

My life has been so much better without that forum.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by T&ERun
I got banned from WAL. I'm surprised it took as long as it did. I stirred up shit when someone took flack over building some sliders that were similar to EVO's. Then I called a few out when within the same week when someone posts they were copying a setup that EVO had built for one of their Jeeps (the idea was not something they sell, but indeed their idea), and lastly someone building a cargo net that resembles all the other ones on the market. Those two ideas were fine, but the dude making the sliders was ripped. Last night I posted "can I buy the new EVO sliders from Northridge" and "what if someone builds a Sterling or 14 bolt, is this bad because they are robbing business from Dynatrac?". I guess that sent Eddie over the top. A lot of that group over there has lost the idea of what the Jeep community is about and it is sad, because at one point I followed Eddie and liked what he did. Oh-well. Not sure if I'm the only one ever banned, I didn't think they ever banned people. Again, I'm glad, I was waiting for it to happen.
eh... so what.

Quick Reply: Yeah, Banned from WAL Website