Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Arkansas Riders

Old 02-28-2014, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sahara501
It is wise to wear leather boots and jeans and watch where you step when in the woods. For the most part snakes will try to avoid you just as you want to try and avoid them. I grew up in the ozark mountains and have had many encounters with snakes but never been bitten. Common sense will go a long way to keep you safe.

Thank You -Hopefully will be living in the Hot Springs Village area as soon as the house sells here. Only thing I wear is leather boots, no shoes in the woods even up here.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by irongate
Thanks for all the great information and Mark your videos.

Do you ever worry about the snakes there in Arkansas camping?
No, not really. I camp a lot--a whole lot--all over the country. Somewhere buried in all my videos there is a snake swimming through the water. No, not a moccasin. And I've run into a couple rattlers and copperheads out there in the wilds, but they are always very good at letting you know you're getting too close for comfort. There have been a smattering of rat snakes, bull snakes and others we didn't recognize (which means they aren't poisonous since I recognize all of them here in the U.S.), but nothing that anyone was particularly worried about.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, what he said.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

On that note I have a funny snake story. So I was hiking with some friends at lost valley, near ponca, ar( if you haven't been there, its awesome and you should) on the hike back from the falls we most walked into the calmist ratttle snake I've ever seen. It was a about 3ft long. And my friend who is deathly afraid of snakes about shit his pants, yelled at the top of his longs and started to run the other way. So me not wanting to leave him on the trail because their were several families with small children behind us, got a stick and approached the snake as my friend was yelling"DON'T PISS IT OFF IT WILL CHASE US!!" I just gave it a small poke on the tail, and he very slowly moved off the trail. At no point did he rattle or his or anything just slowly left.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kschenkel
On that note I have a funny snake story. So I was hiking with some friends at lost valley, near ponca, ar( if you haven't been there, its awesome and you should) on the hike back from the falls we most walked into the calmist ratttle snake I've ever seen. It was a about 3ft long. And my friend who is deathly afraid of snakes about shit his pants, yelled at the top of his longs and started to run the other way. So me not wanting to leave him on the trail because their were several families with small children behind us, got a stick and approached the snake as my friend was yelling"DON'T PISS IT OFF IT WILL CHASE US!!" I just gave it a small poke on the tail, and he very slowly moved off the trail. At no point did he rattle or his or anything just slowly left.

What was the temperature like?
Old 03-01-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sahara501

What was the temperature like?
70's or 80's I think.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

I'm from east Arkansas and was at ORV superlift in hot springs Feb 15th with brother in law and his toyota and he wanted to follow me into this mud hole and it cost him, he hydro locked and threw a rod and destroyed his motor and I had to tow him back to the front for a 400 tow home. Not to be a bad guy but I was there to ride so when he got his tow I went back out and had a blast. Sorry bro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140304_185555.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	535200

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140304_185648.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	535201
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 AM
JK Newbie

How difficult is the super lift park? I'm new to the jeep world and wanna ride this but am concerned with rock rash and breaking anything.. I drive a 2013 jku 3" lift and 35's... Hate to sound like a wimp but just curious what my chances are of completing maby a level 2 or 3 trail without breakdown or scratches or rock rash... How long does a trail generally take to complete?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bantici
How difficult is the super lift park? I'm new to the jeep world and wanna ride this but am concerned with rock rash and breaking anything.. I drive a 2013 jku 3" lift and 35's... Hate to sound like a wimp but just curious what my chances are of completing maby a level 2 or 3 trail without breakdown or scratches or rock rash... How long does a trail generally take to complete?
Superlift has all levels of trails. We rode mostly 1's and 2's with a couple of short 3's in there and had no issues (i'm running stock). We were there for about 5hours and did maybe half of the trails i wanted to do. Some of the 3's, if you don't have a locker, you want to have some method of recovery. When you get there, just talk to the workers and they will point you in the right direction. Also, the trail rating is the average, so just because it's a 1 doesn't mean the whole trail is a cakewalk. It's more like "mostly leisurely, with one technical part".

One other thing, there are some pretty good vid's on youtube of some nice level 3 trails (Buckhorn North, Rubicon Ridge, and Bilstiens Ravine are a few that are nice). Just remember, angles aren't represented very well.

Last edited by e jeepin j; 04-16-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Russellville, AR and just got another Jeep again looking for people to do light wheeling with if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Arkansas Riders