Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Berdoo Canyon Trail Review

Old 08-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berdoo Canyon Trail Review

Whether you’re looking for an alternative exit to Joshua Tree National Park, or Geology Tour Road is a little too tame for you, Berdoo Canyon Trail is worth the drive. This 15-mile trail can be picked up from the loop portion of Geology Tour Road, and travels through the scenic Berdoo Canyon in the Little San Bernardino Mountains before finishing in the Coachella Valley outside of Joshua Tree National Park.

After spending the night shooting the Milky Way and sleeping under the stars in Joshua Tree, we woke to unusually mild temperatures. It was only in the mid-80s, 20-30 degrees cooler than normal for this time of year. Knowing it would be a shame to waste such beautiful weather, so instead of heading home to escape the summer desert heat as originally planned, we decided to go check out Berdoo Canyon Trail, which we had never done before.

Read the rest of our trail review here: http://www.drivingline.com/articles/berdoo-canyon-trail-review/

Anyone else run this trail?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:45 AM
JK Newbie

I go to Joshua Tree often and you never see many jeeps or 4x4's in the park. I wheeled though berdoo canyon and I saw a bunch of 4x4's!

It was a great trail that I didn't think was going to be much fun. Thanks for the write up.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Nice. Southern and Central California have some awesome areas to explore. Living here in Oklahoma, which has very little public land, I really appreciate trips further to the west.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the write up! I need to hit berdoo next time I am in Joshua tree.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Has anyone been on the trail this year? I know Southern California got hit with a lot of rain. Did it change the road, still fun? My wife and I are heading down there in the end of April and we're looking at using this to get into the park.

Quick Reply: Berdoo Canyon Trail Review