Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Buckhorn OHV/Devil's Den AR

Old 04-13-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buckhorn OHV/Devil's Den AR

Made my first mistake wheeling today. I went out to Buckhorn alone, due to my buddy "oversleeping" and not wanting to make the drive, and I had an itch that needed to be scratched. I had a good map, but didn't know my way around. We were having some light rain in the area and I inserted at an easy entry point. When I hit the powerlines, I missed the right turn I should have taken and went all the way down to Lee's Creek. Coming back up, I knew one spot was going to be slick and difficult to climb and it was. The jeep just spun about 10yds short of getting to the top (too much mud and not enough rock for stock tires). I went back down to see if there were other trails coming off of the powerline trail. Luckily, after about 20min, I found a little used trail (right by the pole with #246 on it). Since it ran into the woodline, it wasn't as wet and had lots of rock. I was lucky, because I'm still running stock and it would have taken me lots of effort to get out. The positive out of it all is now the wife is letting me get the bumper and winch I want.

The other positive is that I talked to an old buddy who spends a lot of time out there and he said to let him know when I want to go and he's in. Who says being stupid doesn't pay off?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it turned out well. I'd like to explore that area, but don't know the trails either. Drop me a PM or post in the "Arkansas Riders" thread next time. Might have a Jeep or two join you!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Glad it turned out well. I'd like to explore that area, but don't know the trails either. Drop me a PM or post in the "Arkansas Riders" thread next time. Might have a Jeep or two join you!
Sounds good. I only hit roughly 6 miles of the 28 mile external loop. It's pretty awesome out there.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by e jeepin j
Sounds good. I only hit roughly 6 miles of the 28 mile external loop. It's pretty awesome out there.
Very cool. I typically go run logging roads and trails around the Mulberry River. Love to go our there and play around and camp. But I've been wanting to check out the Devil's Den area for a while.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by arjeeper
Very cool. I typically go run logging roads and trails around the Mulberry River. Love to go our there and play around and camp. But I've been wanting to check out the Devil's Den area for a while.
That's cool. I plan on camping at Byrd's in the fall and running around during the day. My daughter has issues peeing in the woods

Quick Reply: Buckhorn OHV/Devil's Den AR