Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Coolest Dad Ever Drives His Wrangler to Death

Old 08-28-2014, 03:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not hating on the guy for using his jeep. I too am the one with a smile on my face when I get caught in an unexpected downpour. My only issue is with what would appear to be wheeling on private property. Hopefully JK-Forum properly vetted this before holding it up as an (good) example of our community.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE="jet noise;3973616"]Nothing badass about this. Just another dude trashing his jeep, while probably trespassing and setting the stage for more land restrictions.[/

Edit. Forgot bout blown motor.

Last edited by DunnyBunny; 08-28-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He has another video where he drives his jeep or as he calls it, his "car" onto a pond covered with thin ice and he goes through.
http://youtu.be/ux8tWO89c10

Last edited by jrod250; 08-28-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

This guy is a real buckethead.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

I didn't assume he was on private property. Unless I know that, I save my energy on the topic. But, if he was, then yes, I disagree with that element.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I'll be the dick here. He simply has the means to trash his jeep. My perspective? Most people run through the rain, seeking shelter, all the while sporting the "I got poop flung on me look". Very few walk calmly through the rain, wearing a smile. The majority, will rarely understand the few.

And for the record, some of you guys sound like people I encounter that ask in a similar tone "why would you take a jeep worth over $50k off roading? who would do that?"

If I have to explain this further, as the phrase goes, you won't understand. Loosen up guys, it a jeep. His jeep, his money, his life. At least he is living it.

Cheers!
And Ill have to agree with your self assessment.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

yea, watching that pond video this guy is a retard, no need to "loosen up" - even if that is a syn line which i don't think it is that is incredibly stupid to stand there, and why isn't he in the jeep trying to drive it as well? if youre going to wheel you should be responsible, it is dangerous and even responsible wheeling does tear up the land/pollute/give reasons for us not to have trails.

i used to live in a state that closed down most of the little trails we had due to idiots like this. just because you can take your jeep most anywhere does not mean youre entitled to do exactly that and not follow rules

and yea, that 2 door non rubi is nowhere near 50k and in my book ruining a nice newer vehicle because you don't know what youre doing is the same thing as buying something and not using it for its intended purpose.

EDIT: i doubt most people give a shtt about him trashing his jeep, it is his jeep and his money and he can do what he wants with his jeep, but he should have the brains to do it on his property and not film it or teach other people stupid habits. Jeepstin since youre in CO maybe you remember that subi a couple years ago ralleying around in the mtns that broke, leaked fluid everywhere, wnet off trail, and had to get towed out...same type of azshole.

Last edited by lkjk; 08-28-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lkjk
yea, watching that pond video this guy is a retard, no need to "loosen up" - even if that is a syn line which i don't think it is that is incredibly stupid to stand there, and why isn't he in the jeep trying to drive it as well? if youre going to wheel you should be responsible, it is dangerous and even responsible wheeling does tear up the land/pollute/give reasons for us not to have trails. i used to live in a state that closed down most of the little trails we had due to idiots like this. just because you can take your jeep most anywhere does not mean youre entitled to do exactly that and not follow rules and yea, that 2 door non rubi is nowhere near 50k and in my book ruining a nice newer vehicle because you don't know what youre doing is the same thing as buying something and not using it for its intended purpose. EDIT: i doubt most people give a shtt about him trashing his jeep, it is his jeep and his money and he can do what he wants with his jeep, but he should have the brains to do it on his property and not film it or teach other people stupid habits. Jeepstin since youre in CO maybe you remember that subi a couple years ago ralleying around in the mtns that broke, leaked fluid everywhere, wnet off trail, and had to get towed out...same type of azshole.
yep. I get the asshole element. As far as commentary from the panel is speculation. I did have volume up, was he trespassing? Idk. As for my $50k comment, that's the question I get often, and had guys, yes, jeep guys, ask me if I actually take it off road and they thought I was stupid for that! Well, in CO, there are rigs here well over that price, often twice over and beat on even harder. The only thing I disagree with on his actions, IF he did it, was trespassing. I'm fully supportive of preserving what land we have left. Aside from that, I don't care if he bought it and set fire to it. His rig.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
yep. I get the asshole element. As far as commentary from the panel is speculation. I did have volume up, was he trespassing? Idk. As for my $50k comment, that's the question I get often, and had guys, yes, jeep guys, ask me if I actually take it off road and they thought I was stupid for that! Well, in CO, there are rigs here well over that price, often twice over and beat on even harder. The only thing I disagree with on his actions, IF he did it, was trespassing. I'm fully supportive of preserving what land we have left. Aside from that, I don't care if he bought it and set fire to it. His rig.
ditto, for some (many?) of us, the whole reason we are putting money into the jeeps is SO we can beat them even harder.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

He needs a haircut too

Quick Reply: Coolest Dad Ever Drives His Wrangler to Death