Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Coolest Dad Ever Drives His Wrangler to Death

Old 08-28-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my favorite guy... lol

To each his own, I guess.

Sent from my S4 using JK-Forum
Old 08-28-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah let's teach our kids that it is ok to tear your stuff. Who cares if cost thousand of dollars.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
I'll be the dick here. He simply has the means to trash his jeep. My perspective? Most people run through the rain, seeking shelter, all the while sporting the "I got poop flung on me look". Very few walk calmly through the rain, wearing a smile. The majority, will rarely understand the few.

And for the record, some of you guys sound like people I encounter that ask in a similar tone "why would you take a jeep worth over $50k off roading? who would do that?"

If I have to explain this further, as the phrase goes, you won't understand. Loosen up guys, it a jeep. His jeep, his money, his life. At least he is living it.

Cheers!
I agree with you! It is kinda funny you mention running through the rain. What do some of those people do in the shower? Life is really too short to give a...

Last edited by catahoula; 08-28-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rbzak
Yeah let's teach our kids that it is ok to tear your stuff. Who cares if cost thousand of dollars.
no. You teach a child that of you work hard, you can buy/build something. Then you teach them that can enjoy life. Then you continue teaching them to understand when they tax anything, it may/will break. Then you teach them if they don't have the money to fix it, don't break it. If they have the means to fix it, accept your actions and put forth the effort o make it right. Then, you keep teaching your kid that others aren't as fortunate, but, you as a parent taught them to work hard, smart, enjoy what they have worked for, fix what they break, accept the decisions they made, and carry on because it's only money and material possessions. Then, you teach the kid about the other 999,999 things about life.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

no. You teach a child that of you work hard, you can buy/build something.
True, plus it is all relative. some people can't imagine driving a 50k jkur hard, for me thats what it is for and why you pay so much....new jeeps that go for 100k plus around CO (not very rare) would be crazy for me to go and get pinstriping and scratches/dents, but hopefully whomever buys them uses them.

the guy in the vid is still a douche and can't drive though
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

no. You teach a child that of you work hard, you can buy/build something. Then you teach them that can enjoy life. Then you continue teaching them to understand when they tax anything, it may/will break. Then you teach them if they don't have the money to fix it, don't break it. If they have the means to fix it, accept your actions and put forth the effort o make it right. Then, you keep teaching your kid that others aren't as fortunate, but, you as a parent taught them to work hard, smart, enjoy what they have worked for, fix what they break, accept the decisions they made, and carry on because it's only money and material possessions. Then, you teach the kid about the other 999,999 things about life.
Spot on. You teach them to be responsible. Being responsible doesn't mean you can't absolutely trash something you own for no reason- even if someone else, or even everyone else for that matter, thinks it's stupid. It just means that you don't do something you can't afford, don't try to break something you can't afford to lose, and that if and when you do break something you, you step up and take ownership of the consequences. Nothing more, nothing less. Provided he isn't trespassing, I couldn't care less. Hope he had fun. I wouldn't do that, but life is too short to live based on other peoples standards. Laws excluded, of course.

Last edited by KCCO JK; 09-11-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Would I do that to my Jeep? Heck no! With someone else in their Jeep? Hell yes!!! I remember being a kid and loving riding through puddles on my bike, heck, even jumping in them. It looked like tons of fun! I'm sure his son will never forget the fun he had with his dad. I bet he'll have his own Jeep one day.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

IMO some of the comments on here are a little outlandish. He bought a jeep, is using that jeep for the purpose he intended it for.
Why does it matter that he is "trashing it?" It's his jeep and his idea of using it, it isn't for everyone but he is having a blast doing it. He bought it to go through puddles, mud, and ice lakes hehe.
I bought my jeep to take off roading too. When there is mud I go through it, when rocks I go over them, the purpose of my jeep is to help me live life with my family and create memories. All these materialistic things can be replaced, but the memories I make with my wife and kids will last a lifetime.
To each their own with the purpose of their things. It sounds like some here bought there jeep to put shiny wheels on and drive to the mall with. Again to each their own.

Quick Reply: Coolest Dad Ever Drives His Wrangler to Death