Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Jeep Bangled 50

Old 05-06-2015, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Bangled 50

Hello all I just got back from my first wheeling trip and this is my first real post but I'm going to get straight to the point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1430625985230.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	609683
During my wheeling trip to Windrock TN I was driving my stock 2007 first edition JKU, I was pretty stoked about going to this trip and I bought an American Flag to mount on my Jeep during the trip. Well we ended running my Jeep through some heavy blues for about 4 days of solid wheeling on a lot harder trails than I though a stock Jeep would ever go. Throughout me puddle jumping and making a mess the flag was practically clean the entire time, we kept joking that the flag was the only reason my jeep was doing so well. To me it was an amazing experience that I wanted to remember so I had an idea, I had some of my trail buddies sign my flag (still need you guys Jeff and Pat signatures btw) to mark the occasion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0744.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	609684Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0745.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	609685

I had also written in "TN" in one of the stars to mark Tennessee as the location for my first wheeling trip. Then it hit me, what if I had this flag wheeled in every state? It simmered in my head for a little bit as a really cool bucket list idea to wheel in all 50 States. After thinking about it and realizing this would be a pretty daunting task so I had another idea, what if I posted on JK forum about this and asked other JK owners to wheel the flag around America for me?

My idea for this is that I would send the flag out to whoever wanted to borrow it and wheel in whatever state they where and then have them sign it along with everyone that was present and mark another state into the stars. Once it is wheeled and signed then they would send it back to me or to the next person that wants to borrow it. I think that anyone that borrows the flag would appreciate the significance that other Jeepers have wheeled the flag and that they would be part of something greeter than themselves, to be part of the great Jeep community.

Once the flag has been wheeled in all 50 states I want to frame it and hang it somewhere (maybe wheel it on big trips every now and then) or lend it to anyone that wants to borrow it (yes I'm willing to share, if we all had a part in it then who am I to say I have full ownership?). If anyone else wants to be apart of this please spread the word and post here or feel free to PM me.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll knock out a state for ya. Your pick:
KY, PA, VA, MD, NC, WV.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Former Member

I call ky! I think this could turn into an awesome thread! I'm envious of the jeeper who gets to wheel this flag through the rubicon trail!

www.overlandoff-road.com
Old 05-06-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is an awesome idea. I'll see what I can do about getting LA knocked out.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Former Member

Can't wait to see pictures of it flying high!

www.overlandoff-road.com
Old 05-06-2015, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Is anyone doing a trip in the next couple weeks?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by goose142
Is anyone doing a trip in the next couple weeks?
We have a memorial weekend trip planned in Hot Springs, AR. Guess it wouldn't count for LA but can knock out AR at least.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny

We have a memorial weekend trip planned in Hot Springs, AR. Guess it wouldn't count for LA but can knock out AR at least.
When is it?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by goose142

When is it?
Memorial day weekend. Lol
Old 05-06-2015, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Memorial day weekend. Lol