Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Jeep Sustains Minor Damage After Hitting Mountain Lion

Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Sustains Minor Damage After Hitting Mountain Lion

I have to admit, one of the biggest issues I have with driving at night is dealing with deer.

Hell, on some roads stretching through Michigan and Ohio, those darn things are about as common squirrels at a neighborhood park.

Luckily, I've never actually hit one yet probably because I try to avoid the known routes at night as much as possible. Hey, maybe it’s just the city boy in me, but the strategy has kept me deer-accident-free to date. So, after reading an Orange County Register report of a Jeep Wrangler hitting a mountain lion on the 241 toll road in Southern California, you know I've completely crossed this route off my list of places to go.

Read the rest on the JK-Forum homepage.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like someone needs an upgrade!! Any excuse to get Jeep parts seems legitimate to me!!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's why I upgraded headlights. H-4 Halogen replacement lamps with phillips extreme bulbs. I see animal eyes reflected at 300-400 yards, and the full animal with full stopping distance capability at 65mph. My lights are wide, bright, long range and with added H-3 Hella white fog lights aimed low and very wide I see them coming from the side of the road. The upper cutoff is very good so I can aim them just right without pissing off oncoming traffic.

I strongly recommend a headlight upgrade as #1 on all of our to do lists. there are HID systems, Halogen systems, LED systems, even improved H-13 bulbs for the stock lights. Plus add on lights with good output and good cutoff of the beam can save your life, your family and friends, and the animal which is probably endangered.

Or don't and leave me your JK in your will!

Quick Reply: Jeep Sustains Minor Damage After Hitting Mountain Lion