Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Just a day at Big Cypress National Preserve

Old 09-27-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just a day at Big Cypress National Preserve

So I'm taking my 9 year old camping soon and I wanted to scout Big Cypress National Preserve. Most of it is just trails that are passable and it takes FOREVER! We got there around 11am today and left at 4. I had my wife with me and my oldest daughter. Note to self: do not bring them next time! Found some good stuff -- deep water, narrow passes, etc and hit a bit of it before the wife and daughter freaked out. My youngest was gung ho! But...It is what it is. Mostly pics in the video and some driving. Not too bad. It was definitely fun!

If you do go out there, note that the only gas station out there charges $4/gallon for 87. Bummer but whatever. I killed about a half a tank coming from Miami and exploring. Figured I'd fill up the tank and air up before heading home. I'm sure I could've made it but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oieJka3mOCQ
Old 09-28-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Pretty cool, Ha I like the Note to Self..
Old 09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Thanks Rebar -- I'm going to have to modify the video because apparently Ave Maria isn't cohesive with a video like that. I thought it might be peaceful and relaxing but my wife and friends all hate it. So...I'm sure I'll add some Static-X to it this evening.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Thanks Rebar -- I'm going to have to modify the video because apparently Ave Maria isn't cohesive with a video like that. I thought it might be peaceful and relaxing but my wife and friends all hate it. So...I'm sure I'll add some Static-X to it this evening.
I use a lot of music from danosongs.com on my YouTube channel (DigitalByDoiron). It is royalty free, so no copyright issues.

I was not aware there were trails in Big Cypress. Visited there years ago--but pre-Jeep. We paid one of the tour operators. If I'm ever back down that way ...

Quick Reply: Just a day at Big Cypress National Preserve