Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Mineral Creek Trail in Ouray, Co

Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
It's a hard call sometimes but even to back up is better then rolling off the mtn. One thing about the Ouray area is there are so many rental jeeps that a lot of these guys don't understand these trails.
We are headed to Schofield Pass today where backing up is the only option for a big part of the trail.
You're right about the rental jeeps, they were everywhere, especially on the easier trails. I wonder if the rental companies coach them at all or just take their money and had them the keys??
Old 07-31-2014, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
No problems with the hood mount, and it's been on there quite a few years now, and through all you may have seen in my videos (plus way more, LOL). The tools are actually quite a bit lighter than the Hi-lift, which I had on that mount until I installed the Shrockworks rear bumper (where the jack is not located). There is no issue with hood hinge strength. I bought the red handled axe at Lowes. I have painted it black and red--it did have a shiny finish on the head of the axe, and the handle faded over a period of time. The shovel is a Craftsman. Ditto on the fading and painting.
Thanks Mark! I appreciate the reply. If you ever get out to SoCal hit me up I would love to see your rig in person.

Quick Reply: Mineral Creek Trail in Ouray, Co