Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Missouri Trails

Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missouri Trails

Does anyone know of places near Richland, Saint Robert or Lebanon Missouri to go off road without going to an off road park?
Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

I live in Missouri, but why not go to an off road park??

I hear SMORR is a good place to jeep
Old 07-05-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Parks get over crowded and I don't always want to wheel on the weekends. I kind of like the freedom of lightly wheeling soaking up nature, being able to stop and take photographs of wildlife and then go out on foot if I wanted to. I am not into thrashing and destroying the trail and my rig. I have been away from wheeling for a few years, Did it a lot when I lived in Colorado. I am not saying parks are all about thrashing and conquering the trail, I am just looking for other options.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agreed

I totally agree. I'd love to just leisurely hit a trail and cruise along with or without a group. This makes me miss Oregon/Idaho where I could just "go" anywhere pretty much and anytime. I currently reside in Iowa and there's nowhere to just go out and play/see/drive for a Jeep.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

I'm interested to hear what people say. I know there used to be trails like that in mark twain national forest for ATvs .... Not sure if open for jeeps. More of logging roads that you camp on...
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

The next time I go to Rolla I am going to go by the Forest service office and inquire and post up my findings..
Old 07-09-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WoodrowJKUW
The next time I go to Rolla I am going to go by the Forest service office and inquire and post up my findings..
Please do. I did some online searching with no luck. Id be interested in similar.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Parks get over crowded and I don't always want to wheel on the weekends. I kind of like the freedom of lightly wheeling soaking up nature, being able to stop and take photographs of wildlife and then go out on foot if I wanted to. I am not into thrashing and destroying the trail and my rig. I have been away from wheeling for a few years, Did it a lot when I lived in Colorado. I am not saying parks are all about thrashing and conquering the trail, I am just looking for other options.
Never really thought about in the perspective. I have not fully hardcore trail rode my jeep. But I hold the same opinion as far as not destroying my rig as it is a DD ATM.

I would be interested myself. However I will be in Missouri for another few months as I am relocating to Portland for work.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

You guys probably alrady saw this from the other thread but just in case

Badge of Honor | Off Road Trails, Jeep Life, Trail Badge | Jeep
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...system-261838/

I think this is an awesome and would like to get mine before I leave missouri,
Old 07-14-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately there is not may forest roads to hit that are still open. I have heard years ago there was but they are now closed. I have yet to travel this one but Glade top Trail down around Ava. Ozark jeep thing hits it regulary and sounds like there are a few trails to run. But they do say they are tight and you will get some pin striping. Mark Twain National Forest - Glade Top National Forest Scenic Byway

I have run a nice single track roads in the Ozark scenic waterway near Eminence its off NN it takes you to Rocky Falls. You can continue down the road to the current river, the single track road is off NN takes you to a old mill called Klepzig Mill. The road doesnt show up on the park map, but its there on the county maps. I do know forest ranger run the road and was friendly. Ozark National Scenic Riverways (U.S. National Park Service)

Another one is down in Arkansas and I found it from Mark Doiron that is on this forum called Ozark Overland Trail. Mark also has some youtube videos of it. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...ail-ar-245124/

A link to all the USDA maps USDA Forest Service FSGeodata Clearinghouse - FSTopo Map Images / States & Territories If you have a smart phone with gps download a app called PDF Maps. Download the maps you want then you can view them on your phone when your out of cell service with your location on the map.

If none of you have been to Smorr you need to check it out great place to wheel and nice campground/shower house. He is open Friday to Sunday and some holiday Mondays. He has trails from easy to extreme, his maps are well marked and has signs at the start of each with name and rating.

Quick Reply: Missouri Trails