Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Need help asap!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap!!!

Last night me and my wife drove my jeep around in the rain. We weren't going fast cause it was an housing area. Went through a puddle about calf deep. The jeep died. I took off the air filter it was soaked. I towed it home. I took off the air manifold inlet. And vacuum out water. Drained the oil and there was a cup or two of water. Then took off spark plugs some drops of water in a few of them. Cranked the engine over by hand and cranked fine. Says I have a p0113 which is the iat sensor. The jeep won't turn over with key at all though. Just one click and that is it. Any suggestions or am I missing something. Thx again

Last edited by Jasonfort; 08-31-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasonfort
Last night me and my wife drove my jeep around in the rain. We weren't going fast cause it was an housing area. Went through a puddle about calf deep. The jeep died. I took off the air filter it was soaked. I towed it home. I took off the air manifold inlet. And vacuum out water. Drained the oil and there was a cup or two of water. Then took off spark plugs some drops of water in a few of them. Cranked the engine over by hand and cranked fine. Says I have a p0113 which is the iat sensor. The jeep won't turn over with key at all though. Just one click and that is it. Any suggestions or am I missing something. Thx again
Try loading in stock JK area for assistance
Old 09-01-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With that much water you most likely shorted out the IAT sensor harness. You'll most likely need to replace it. The biggest issue is you'll need to purge all the water out of the engine.

Quick Reply: Need help asap!!!