Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

NJ Trail help (Stokes)

Old 07-30-2014, 07:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Trail help (Stokes)

So looking for some NJ Trail Help. I have been doing a lot of research on some trails in NJ and saw that there are some up at Stokes National Forest. In my research, which was a lot of reading and a very long video of a bone stock jeep on of the trails, I found that the trails look somewhat easy. I am a novice with only a 2.5” with 33” so I am not looking (for now) anything to crazy. Just would like to get out get a little dirty, get some fresh air. I have some two other friends that have Jeeps that are also novice that want to join me. So I am wondering if anybody been up there? If so what are the rules and regulations? What should we look out for? Are there any Maps to buy/download/print? Any feedback would be great.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

The rangers in the main office are happy to give you a highlighted map of where you can go legally. There has been a lot of bushwacking and gates being broken up there resulting in some other ares being posted off limits that never were before . It is basically just unimproved dirt roads, stockers will have no issue. Anything beyond the roads on the map is either state, federal or private land. There are areas beyond Stokes boundarys that are unmaintained/ abandoned roads from the failed Tocks Island Dam project. There is no real legal 'wheeling in NJ. I suggest Rausch Creek or AOAA for some fun. Stokes is a nice ride in the woods, but no more than that. I live local to Stokes, maybe I could show you around it sometime. There is a group on this forum that wheels the area, I cannot speak as to where they go.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info. Everything I have read and all my research have said just go to the the ranger station. Looks like I might just have to take a trip up there.

Last edited by Dannyboy76; 07-30-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: NJ Trail help (Stokes)